Toilet Waste (1 Viewer)

Wolfman

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
When we are wild camping we have no problems with fresh water or electric but as of yet we have not found a way to empty our toilet cassette, any idea's:Doh:

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
ps: Can you please slow your Avatar down a bit - worries me silly if he has a front-wheel blow-out at that speed!

You forgot to mention trite sayings in signatures.::bigsmile:

As for toilet cassettes. Don't use any chemicals and empty it every morning in a small hole in an appropriate location. Easy to hinge up a square of turf and pour it in (a whole 2 or 4 Litres) and lower the turf back down. Invisible and does no harm.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip) Don't use any chemicals and empty it every morning in a small hole in an appropriate location. (snip)
I think it was the appropriate location that the OP was trying to identify. Not so many of those in a small country like this (compared to Australia) :Smile:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Not so many of those in a small country like this (compared to Australia)

Especially if the wildcamping takes place in a supermarket or pub carpark - but I was referring to our experiences in green Scotland, England and Wales in Summer where most of the time was spent actually wild-camping amongst trees and fields. The soil was always nice and soft unlike in Oz where you need a jackhammer to dig a hole in summer. Anyway, with a 200Litre black tank and a network of dump points and plenty of water taps all across Australia, emptying it is never all that urgent and filling water tanks rarely a problem either.

England was where we did have problems so I can sympathise with the OP.

Upvote 0

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
there used to be a product available in the 60's in america that injected a measured shot of 'fluid' from the black tank into the exhaust system every so often,

only did it when the exhaust system was hot enough, so it incinerated the waste instiantly, but you got a little puff of smoke as it did the injection,

funnily enough they were banned not long after being intorduced, but i often wonder if such a system could be made 'green' enough to use nowadays.

Right now we're wilding in scotland just outside edinburgh, i misread the dates of a THS, not there for another 5 days, and no others round this area either, all campsites are too damn expensive including the very few CS's round here, so were parked up in a lovely spot next to the union canal, large carpark just off the road, were in the corner out of the way, loads of room for the van and smartie on it's trailer,

lovely walks along the canal, family of swans and sygnets greet us everytime we go there, got water from one of the boats hookup points, but need a BW key to open the chemical loo emptying point,

i'm sure if i needed to i could blag it and get a boater to open it for me, claim i've just walked 3 miles from my boat lugging the cassette and left the key on the boat... i do have a boat actually, my inflatable canoe, but dont think that qualifies.

anyhoo, when we toured germany and switzerland for 9 months a few years ago, quite often we'd be in an area needing to empty the loo but not having a sanistation near enough,
in those cases i'd look for roadworks or building sites, and the portaloo, and empty the tank down there, wouldent matter if you used chemicals then as they are in the portaloos tank anyway,

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back