Toilet help (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Hi to all, We just picked up our new to us 2003 Laika ecovip 6.1 and first question already ( hopefully wont be too many ) but anyway my Wife was the unfortunate one to pick up the van yesterday and spent ages stuck on the m25 due to Dartford tunnel issue and motorists being diverted, anyway Her long enough drive was turned into a nightmare due to this and the horrendous weather, but She arrived home safely thankfully.
IMG_20210521_114943720.jpg
IMG_20210521_114528748.jpg

Anyway back to question above, My Wife obviously had to use the loo, but could not figure out how to open the blade so the fluids could drain into the tank, and neither can I, I have read the manual regarding the Eco wc system and as far as I can make out the pedal attached to the toilet should operate the water and blade opening but I can only get the water / flush to operate and cant get the blade to open, The handover was done via video prior to pick up and blade operation wasn't shown, so what am I missing or is it broken?
I have attached 2 photos.
Thanks in advance to all that help

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Have you checked that the cassette is fully located underneath? Sometimes they aren't and this prevents the blade from opening. Worth a look.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
As far as I can see the van is fitted with a under slung toilet waste tank which is emptied by pulling a lever into your desired waste holder ( That part was on video handover ) a cassette toilet is optional, I will get a better look underneath on a better day. Have emptied fluids out of toilet bowl ( great job ) I have read that the blades can become stuck? but don,t wont to force it with anything in case of dong any damage, Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
On my Laika there was a black pull handle that moved the blade.

Upvote 0
Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
You might be better getting the cassette installed as I've not seen any black water "drops" on UK or EU campsites yet, only on an Italian motorway service station and that was gross to say the least.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Thanks to all who replied, Problem solved I was not pushing the pedal/ handle on the toilet hard enough, Push once down for flush then push down further to open blade Doh ! Thanks to cmcardle75,

There has to be a punchline about a jobbie needing a Number 2 phase to open the Blade ... :oops:

Steve

Upvote 0

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
You might be better getting the cassette installed as I've not seen any black water "drops" on UK or EU campsites yet, only on an Italian motorway service station and that was gross to say the least.
You will find a map I have created here of all the UK C and CC sites and C and MC sites that have black tank emptying.

Normally C and CC let you pay a small fee and stop off to do it but that service is suspended during Covid so to use these sites at the moment you would need to book in for a night. With good planning you shouldn't find it a problem.

On the continent it is easy - loads of black tank emptying points

LINK TO BLACK TANK MAP

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back