Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 24, 2022
South Killingholme, Lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
I'm a newbie had a wobbly box when adam was a lad
Now I am the proud owner of a motorhome, my attention has shifted to a tow car, thinking of a Hyundai i20 1.2 it's the only one that looks big enough to carry a mobility scooter and 2 dogs anyone have one?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We had one of these
Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 21.57.46.png

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
We have a Fiat 500 Abarth….admittedly, no mobility scooter, but comfortably have a Doberman and German Shorthaired Pointer in the back with the seats down and there’s loads of room!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Now I am the proud owner of a motorhome, my attention has shifted to a tow car, thinking of a Hyundai i20 1.2 it's the only one that looks big enough to carry a mobility scooter and 2 dogs anyone have one?
We have an i20 as a toad. Highly recommended and also are Towbars 2 Towcars. Very professional and great after sales service

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
We tow a Kia Rio3 , a fair bit of load space with rear seats down but not a low rear cill for loading, maybe something like a Fiat panda or similar .

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
We have an i20 as a toad. Highly recommended and also are Towbars 2 Towcars. Very professional and great after sales service
Towbars 2 Towcars are 5 miles away they will supply and fit the frame for £2500

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Towbars 2 Towcars are 5 miles away they will supply and fit the frame for £2500
We are in Holton le Clay now but were in Redditch when I got the system fitted. Recently had the system checked over due to intermittent fault (fuse) plus also telephone advice is freely given

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
We are in Holton le Clay now but were in Redditch when I got the system fitted. Recently had the system checked over due to intermittent fault (fuse) plus also telephone advice is freely given
We can also recommend LNB in Bristol, although the OP sounds like Tow Bars 2 Tow Cars is a lot closer, although we are in Louth, Lincs and still chose LNB 😁

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
OH's car is a 63 plate i20. Fairly roomy for a runabout. Back seat doesn't fold completely flat but I can get a lot of stuff in for a tip run. Whether it would take the mobility scooter and dogs would depend on the size of both the scooter and dogs.

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
OH's car is a 63 plate i20. Fairly roomy for a runabout. Back seat doesn't fold completely flat but I can get a lot of stuff in for a tip run. Whether it would take the mobility scooter and dogs would depend on the size of both the scooter and dogs.
had a look at an I10 too small, so think the I20 will do, but going to a local dealer to try reality

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Holton Le clay, now that brings back memories. Spent the first 25 years of my life in New Waltham. Sorry for the thread drift.🤣

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay I'm going to be a bit controversial here but it's a personal view and I don't mean any offence.

But if you need two mobility scooters as well as room for two dogs why did you buy a motor-home and then start looking for a "toad"? Surely a caravan would have been a much better option along with a decent towing vehicle that had the room you're looking for at probably far less cost? Because you're going to have to park up on campsites etc. so you have somewhere to leave the Moho, which in my view is not what they're for.

Or am I missing the point and you have decided you'd prefer something small to run around in?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, the facelift one is more spacious I think. Ours is on a 14 plate, so pre-facelift

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
I am surprised
We’ve used them previously and as we travel down to Devon/Cornwall at least once a year they are located right at the side of the M5 and have parking facilities etc. you can even overnight there and they have a EHU if required. I am sure Tow Bar 2 Tow Cars are very good, but we just like the customer service etc. we’ve had over the years with LNB.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Whether it would take the mobility scooter and dogs would depend on the size of both the scooter and dogs.
Exactly same with Up. Rear folds flat. We regularly had 3 people wheelchair and 3 boxes of shopping. A friend eventually changed to a vw transporter to carry his 3 dogs a jack Russel and 2 Sr Bernards

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
Okay I'm going to be a bit controversial here but it's a personal view and I don't mean any offence.

But if you need two mobility scooters as well as room for two dogs why did you buy a motor-home and then start looking for a "toad"? Surely a caravan would have been a much better option along with a decent towing vehicle that had the room you're looking for at probably far less cost? Because you're going to have to park up on campsites etc. so you have somewhere to leave the Moho, which in my view is not what they're for.

Or am I missing the point and you have decided you'd prefer something small to run around in?
Did I mention 2 scooters don't think so, and I've moved from a caravan

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Much easier than towing a caravan(tugger for 30 years) much more comfort travelling,cool in hot summers warm in cold weather,with caravan you either roast or freeze for the 1st hour.Oh and did I mention all comforts on board if planned right water etc,so just hook up when you get there and straight into relax mode!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We’ve used them previously and as we travel down to Devon/Cornwall at least once a year they are located right at the side of the M5 and have parking facilities etc. you can even overnight there and they have a EHU if required. I am sure Tow Bar 2 Tow Cars are very good, but we just like the customer service etc. we’ve had over the years with LNB.
Fair enough.

OP
OP
WallaceandGromit
Aug 24, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Gleneagle
Exp
Much easier than towing a caravan(tugger for 30 years) much more comfort travelling,cool in hot summers warm in cold weather,with caravan you either roast or freeze for the 1st hour.Oh and did I mention all comforts on board if planned right water etc,so just hook up when you get there and straight into relax mode!
Got a MH for the same reason and I've found one with Alde heating that's the one thing I would have missed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I am questioning why you made the statement that you were surprised that someone travelled to LNB - that all, keep your feathers on
When an equally reputable company was a couple of miles away rather than the bother end of the country. As you can see, it was fully explained and I acknowledged that. :doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back