To the girl member who was having problems with next door's cats. (2 Viewers)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
.... setting her dogs off barking. Sorry I can't remember your name and can't find the thread as I am limited to access only motorhome related forums. Well you know I mentioned last year that I bought some very effective solar powered animal deter ants for Lidl for my daughter' house? Just thought I would let you know that I went into Lidl yesterday and they are back. Dozens of them £9.99. OK?

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Found myself in Lidl after seeing this recommendation. Picked up two devices, charged them up, positioned them at each end of the garden, set up the trail camera to check effectiveness. First night, three cats who walked past both scarers without even glancing in their direction. I was disappointed but at least the cats didn't leave me any surprises. I sort of wanted a bit of a jump out of the cats when the devices triggered, but nothing. Maybe the sound emitted was uncomfortable enough that they didn't want to hang about to squat? This would be ok for me.

Nope, this morning, right in front of one of the machines was a freshly deposited "gift". Sort of insult to injury.

Just boxed them back up and dug out the receipt. Back to Lidl they go.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Found myself in Lidl after seeing this recommendation. Picked up two devices, charged them up, positioned them at each end of the garden, set up the trail camera to check effectiveness. First night, three cats who walked past both scarers without even glancing in their direction. I was disappointed but at least the cats didn't leave me any surprises. I sort of wanted a bit of a jump out of the cats when the devices triggered, but nothing. Maybe the sound emitted was uncomfortable enough that they didn't want to hang about to squat? This would be ok for me.

Nope, this morning, right in front of one of the machines was a freshly deposited "gift". Sort of insult to injury.

Just boxed them back up and dug out the receipt. Back to Lidl they go.
Are you going to take the evidence to show them!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't know why but I can't 'like' any of these posts ...

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
The local dog rescue have some excellent cat deterrents in all different sizes 🤣🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can someone point me to the posts showing cat scratches and warnings about sepsis please.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Can someone point me to the posts showing cat scratches and warnings about sepsis please.
Here you go:

Broken Link Removed

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
. Thanks Mel. For some reason my load reactions isn't working on this thread. Grateful.
Yeah, there's summut strange about this thread, it's not 'working' as it should ref smilies etc ... Jim Gromett any ideas why?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Whey-hey ... looks like the 'Terrific Two' (aka Jim and Gromett) have sorted out this thread! I can now use smilies on it. :Grin: :dance2::clap2:

Gadget

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 15, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrailTribute620
Exp
Since 1999
My wife's meathod:

Dig a hole roughly about 1ft x 1ft x 1ft.

Place a inflated ballon into the hole.

Fill the hole with fresh tilled earth so the ballon is approximatly 1 inch below the surface.

Watch what happens when the cat scratches the fresh earth!!

Result!

Jan 10, 2015
East sussex
Funster No
MH
2002 Eura mobile
Exp
Since 2014
My wife's meathod:

Fill the hole with fresh tilled earth so the ballon is approximatly 1 inch below the surface.

Result!
Blimey this is brilliant. £ shop tomorrow for balloons 😂😂

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
My wife's meathod:

Result!

I have just the spot, retribution if the one that regularly sh 1 T's by my front door!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back