Timing of FUN server processes (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Jim One creates a post and seeing it in the live thread notice an error. Its already posted, but the edit button lets you back in to correct it and save the revised post. The post obviously initiates email notifications as appropriate that are set up by members. But at what point do these emails get emailed by the server? Immediately the post is first saved or after a time frame adjustable by you?
The reason I ask is that I have just posted and recognised an error and went back to correct it and I was reminded of a post you made in response to me a few weeks back, the notification email to me demonstrated a spelling error which you had corrected when I reviewed the post on the web literally minutes later. If it is instant then errors of a more substantial inflammatory nature could be sent by email but removed by an errant member with regrets but not quick enough.
Just musing.
Note I have gone back in and corrected 2 spelling errors. less than 60 seconds from posting

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Emails get sent every few minutes, so you might get lucky and manage to correct a message before it is sent. Sods law says that if it is a critical error or one that makes the sender look stupid you will always be too late. :D

Private messages are different in that the message does not get sent in full, only a message to say you have a new message so you can change it after it's been sent. I had to change this as any bounces were sent back to me and I could see the whole message when I really didn't want to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back