Time to give up ☹️ (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
After over 18yrs motorhoming declining health has made me come to the conclusion that it’s time to stop.
I know that I’m going to miss the freedom our van has given us to travel and visit so many different places in both UK, France Holland, Germany & Italy but (as they say “time marches on“), and it’s time to pass on the pleasure of motorhoming to someone younger.
I’ve put an advert in the classified Ad section.
it ‘ain’t showroom condition but mechanically its never let us down, it does need some TLC both internally and externally but nothing really serious.
I’m not out to make a killing and have priced it well within the reach of someone who can give it some TLC and enjoy the pleasure motorhoming offer.
we used to go on many rallies but the opportunities have reduced due to health issues.
- any questions? - plenty of pics available.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Always sad to hear of someone giving up, for I know one day it will be us also..

Sorry to hear about your health issues.. good luck with the sale..

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear you are stopping your motorhoming adventures, and wishing you all the best for the future (y)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
After over 18yrs motorhoming declining health has made me come to the conclusion that it’s time to stop.
I know that I’m going to miss the freedom our van has given us to travel and visit so many different places in both UK, France Holland, Germany & Italy but (as they say “time marches on“), and it’s time to pass on the pleasure of motorhoming to someone younger.
it ‘ain’t showroom condition but mechanically its never let us down, it does need some TLC both internally and externally but nothing really serious.
I’m not out to make a killing and have priced it well within the reach of someone who can give it some TLC and enjoy the pleasure motorhoming offer.
we used to go on many rallies but the opportunities have reduced due to health issues.
Sorry to hear you’re giving up I dread the day I have to. Don’t forget to post some internal photos, as many would be concerned as it’s a private conversion, that it is a 2x1 set up and they will want to see the layout. 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
You will miss it. I know we do but after our 33 years it takes time to get used to it.

Best of luck selling it. Hope your health will still allow you to get away albeit in hotels etc.

Carol

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Dorest E
Exp
Jul 22
All the very best and I'm sure you'll find something great to replace those days motorhoming

We gave up ourselves couple week back after 18 months, no regrets and am still active on here as it's a great community whether with van or not

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Can i ask how old you are ,? Vikdikdok sorry if thats a bit personal , but i just wondered at what age is it when you think youve had enough cheers pam

OP
OP
Vikdikdok
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
Can i ask how old you are ,? Vikdikdok sorry if thats a bit personal , but i just wondered at what age is it when you think youve had enough cheers pam
Grand old age of 78 - although in my head I’m still 35 . . . Obviously my body disagrees 🤓

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Vikdikdok. We have known each other for a long time now Vic, way back from the early days of Motorhomefacts, when on there you were Vicdicdoc. We have been on some great meets together with others like Rosemary & Brian, and Sid & Shirley, the most memorable for me being Denia and Calpe. :)

I am so sorry to learn that you and Sheila are having to give up MH'ing, due to health issues. :cry:
Best wishes to you both from Rita and I, in finding an alternative pastime which gives you as much pleasure and enjoyment as MH'ing did. (y)

Good luck with the sale. (y)

All the best,

Jock & Rita. :)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Jim, I'll have to take up knitting or doing jigsaws 🙄
1697720603946.png

OP
OP
Vikdikdok
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay pvc
Exp
16yrs
Sadly (for me) - but good news for someone just starting out, I've reluctantly reduced my van to £6000

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back