Thule/Fiamma canopy tie down straps (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone know if it is safe to use Fiamma tie down straps, that hook into the awning rail channel on the front face, on a Thule canopy where the Thule ones fit on the top of the poles whilst the Thule channel is on the inside I believe? Change of canopy with new van
regards, Roy

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Does anyone know if it is safe to use Fiamma tie down straps, that hook into the awning rail channel on the front face, on a Thule canopy where the Thule ones fit on the top of the poles whilst the Thule channel is on the inside I believe? Change of canopy with new van
regards, Roy
i can’t answer your question directly Roy but when we swapped our van with a Fiamma awning for one with a Thule awning I decided to play safe and get the proper Thule tie-down straps which actually (I think) fit much more securely into the top of the legs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Thanks for those replies, much appreciated. I’ll replace my old ones then 😊
Before you dispose of the old ones just check they can’t be adapted to have as extra ones for more peace of mind.
we have a piece of tatty climbers rope/string we found on a campsite we now utilise in the middle bit of the wind out awning.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
regards, Roy
For the cost of around £20 I would suggest you get the pukka straps for your awning.
Maybe put your existing Fiamma straps on Classified to recoup a few of those pounds?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
over the weekend, i saw some awning tie down straps that fitted into the channel of a Thule awning fascia, they looked better than the ones that hook onto the legs of the Thule awning. Can anyone advise or point me to where i can buy some of those from please? Thanks

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have Fiamma storm straps and the fitting can fit into the channel bead on the underside of my Thule awning. But the problem is that when the straps are tight on the springs it tends to start deforming the channel bead, which was aluminium. My solution was to buy a couple of "S" hooks and hook them through the slot at the top of each leg and then hook on the strap.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I have Fiamma storm straps and the fitting can fit into the channel bead on the underside of my Thule awning. But the problem is that when the straps are tight on the springs it tends to start deforming the channel bead, which was aluminium. My solution was to buy a couple of "S" hooks and hook them through the slot at the top of each leg and then hook on the strap.
Ditto

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Thanks from me aswell. Will order a set with the hooks for the legs, as what you've both said makes perfect sense.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks from me aswell. Will order a set with the hooks for the legs, as what you've both said makes perfect sense.
You may have misunderstood my post. I already had Fiamma storm straps from my previous motorhome, but just bought some S hooks only to make them work with the Thule awning. They were about £1 for 5 from memory from a market stall. If you buy the Thule storm straps they will come with the fitting that fits more neatly to the top of the legs of the Thule awning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back