Through tunnel and to Italy, need a test/isolate? (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
Just checking, as i can see, even if i transit through the Hauts-de-France, region after getting off the tunnel, i will have to present negative test done within 72 hours of arrival at the Italian border or have to self isolate in Italy for 14 days.....................looks like it may scupper plans to have a look at the Giro D'Italia!

Dec 13, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Since 2009
Go via Switzerland - Basle - Lucerne - Gothard tunnel - Bellinzona and into Italy at Chiasso/Como. Currently there are no restrictions entering from Switzerland

OP
OP
M
Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
That is the way i would go, but as i would have transited through the Calais region (and if I admitted it) I would need to test at the Italian border......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Check Gov site, it's a constantly changing environment.
Copied
30 September 2020Updated:25 September 2020Latest update:
Update to information on quarantine on entry to Switzerland for travellers who have visited Gibraltar or the British Virgin Islands within the past 10 days ('Summary' and 'Entry requirements' pages).
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advise against all but essential travel to Switzerland. This is based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.
The FCDO is not advising those already travelling in Switzerland to leave at this time. You should follow the advice of the local authorities on how best to protect yourself and others, including any measures that they bring in to control the virus. Contact your travel operator if you have any questions about your return journey.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
This is the link to official information

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
My reading of italian site is that you can enter via Germany and Austria, but would need to download their "immune" app - this is similar to the NHS cover-19 app. You cannot have both active at the same time. No need to quarantine. But as stated, by the time I've finished typing it will have changed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
Agreed but it is the bit that States if you transited through Hauts-de-France region, ie calais/Dieppe you need to test/isolate etc when you reach the Italian Border no matter where you are crossing it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back