This MAY affect plans to travel to Europe (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
News just published by the Consumers Association about a 270 day limit on “immune” status after 2nd Jab may affect our travel plans to Europe if other countries follow the limitations being set by Austria and Croatia.

We had planned to travel to France and Spain in September/October. Only this morning we decided to postpone (and amended our bookings) until January for a 3-month trip to get away from the UK winter weather, hoping by then Covid travel and testing requirements might well be easier. However, if France and Spain follow Austria and Croatia with a 270 day limit, those of us of a certain age who had our 2 jabs early may be in difficulty unless uncertainty about a “booster” jab is resolved and proves acceptable for travel purposes. We are now thinking that it may be advisable to head to Spain in September to avoid possible complications early next year…… but will this mean we are absent from the UK when offered a Booster Jab? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
It would be interesting to know if any studies have been carried out to show whether there is a reduction in immunity after a period of time. I very much doubt whether the politicians making these decisions have the knowledge to back up their ideas. It’s bad news so will be reported widely and lapped up by the doom mongers.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It would be interesting to know if any studies have been carried out to show whether there is a reduction in immunity after a period of time. I very much doubt whether the politicians making these decisions have the knowledge to back up their ideas. It’s bad news so will be reported widely and lapped up by the doom mongers.
Those studies are ongoing and due to report over the next few weeks. indications are we may well need a booster depending on which vaccine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

..... hence the reason why most countries are organising booster jabs each autumn, just like the flu jabs.

I don't see it as a 'doom monger' statement, it's what we have known since the start.
The Covid 19 virus will be with us for the foreseeable future, we will all need an annual jab for the foreseeable future to compensate.

What is annoying is the limit has been set around 270 days rather than 370 days.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
..... hence the reason why most countries are organising booster jabs each autumn, just like the flu jabs.

I don't see it as a 'doom monger' statement, it's what we have known since the start.
The Covid 19 virus will be with us for the foreseeable future, we will all need an annual jab for the foreseeable future to compensate.

What is annoying is the limit has been set around 270 days rather than 370 days.

In the same way that the virus refused to stop affecting people over Xmas, the antibodies aren't aware of your need for an annual top-up :rolleyes:

Gordon

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The early reports I have heard suggest that Pfizer drops off more than OAZ. However, as Pfizer starts from a higher efficacy point they are both about equal by 6 months. I think Pfizer claim about 84% by 6 months but this might not be against the variants now circulating. The bit that worries me is that Israel, the first country to get a high level of vaccinations, is now finding cases increasing and their clinicians are calling for more restrictions as well as booster doses.

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
The answer is yes, and yes.

Yes, lots of large scale robust longitudinal studies are ongoing. You may not like politicians, but they have access to world class expert science on which to base policy decisions.

And yes, it appears that the immune response (in terms of antibody levels) decreases over time. How clinically significant this is, and whether immunisation primes an immune response regardless of antibody levels (eg via t-cells) is the subject of ongoing study.

Regardless, take the booster when it is offered is the best advice.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Looks like boosters may be delayed. We were expecting to start on 6th September... may be later in September now. Still awaiting final JCVI guidance based upon the early readouts from Cov-com and Cov-Boost trials.
Our doctor is opening up for booster jabs for over 70s on 2 nd October

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back