This is what the next iPhone release will have to live up to..... (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The S8+ and S9+ are amazing phones and are only slightly smaller screen size than the note.
So unless you need the use of the S Pen you are wasting money going for the note.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The S8+ and S9+ are amazing phones and are only slightly smaller screen size than the note.
So unless you need the use of the S Pen you are wasting money going for the note.
Agree two great phones but not everyone has updated to the eight and nine yet so hanging on until July for the latest Note with it's massive 4,000mAh battery for a similar price could be the way to go.(y)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
I looked really hard and long at the differences between the S8plus and Note before I upgraded from my previous S7 about 6 months ago.

In the end I went for the S8plus, as battery life is slightly better, and I don't use any of the things that would make having the Note's stylus pen rather than finger swiping, an advantage.

I have to say that the S8plus is utterly AWESOME.
Screen awesome.
Camera awesome.
Video awesome.
On board memory awesome, additional up to 128 GB memory awesome.
Ive got about half a dozen entire TV series and several films downloaded from pc onto it to watch as and when, it links seem lessly with pc, laptop, tablet, wife's phone etc.
Scree big enough to use with downloaded maps.me free mapping/satnav when in car in MH, on bicycle, and when walking
It's just superb at everything it does.

Just an Astonishing piece of kit, and now that the S9 plus is out (dont bother, it is basically just the S8plus but with 200 quid added to the price), you can get the S8plus for a really good price off eBay etc.

Very very highly recommended.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I looked really hard and long at the differences between the S8plus and Note before I upgraded from my previous S7 about 6 months ago.

In the end I went for the S8plus, as battery life is slightly better, and I don't use any of the things that would make having the Note's stylus pen rather than finger swiping, an advantage.

Screen awesome.
Camera awesome.
Video awesome.
Ive got about half a dozen entire TV series and several films downloaded from pc onto it to watch as and when, it links seem lessly with pc, laptop, tablet, wife's phone etc.
Scree big enough to use with downloaded maps.me free mapping/satnav when in car in MH, on bicycle, and when walking

Just an Astonishing piece of kit, and now that the S9 plus is out (dont bother, it is basically just the S8plus but with 200 quid added to the price), you can get the S8plus for a really good price off eBay etc.

Agree the 8&9+ phones are awesome but apart from the price difference why would anyone want to settle for what is an old phone. The S8 has been around for a couple of years now and things do move on. There are a list of needless additions and upgrades proposed for the Note 9 apart from just the pen so if you are in the market to upgrade your s7 then why not wait for July to come around and own the biggest and the best smart phone that money can by for at least the following 12 months......;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie

Screen awesome.
Camera awesome.
Video awesome.

If you are going to post a review, please try and give a positive one!:LOL:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I looked at the s8+ but eventually went for the s8 as ot fits my pocket better. Looking to keep it as long as possible as it does far more than I want anyway.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Won't win over i-phone users they are designer label followers

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
WHAT...no built in cigarette lighter which was a major feature of the Note 7 guess it was not too popular.

I have the Samsung S8+ which I really like, amazing screen and great for watching movies when traveling and great with google maps for directions.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
WHAT...no built in cigarette lighter which was a major feature of the Note 7 guess it was not too popular.

I have the Samsung S8+ which I really like, amazing screen and great for watching movies when traveling and great with google maps for directions.
Great phone.....(y)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Agree the 8&9+ phones are awesome but apart from the price difference why would anyone want to settle for what is an old phone. The S8 has been around for a couple of years now and things do move on. There are a list of needless additions and upgrades proposed for the Note 9 apart from just the pen so if you are in the market to upgrade your s7 then why not wait for July to come around and own the biggest and the best smart phone that money can by for at least the following 12 months......;)(y)

I bought when I felt the price point had fallen to the right level for me, and once the phone model was old enough to be proven. Got one brand new unlocked for 500 quid.
I absolutely don't need "latest" or "best" per se.... I want the best mix of features, price, reliability that suits my lifestyle needs.

The best quality phone is not the latest or most expensive. It is the one that best satisfies my requirements, without paying more for features that I don't need.
I could have paid a lot more for an iPhone, or Note, which had less of what I want and more of what I don't want.

If you, having weighed up a the features, benefits versus price, are happy to deny yourself a replacement phone now and wait for another, much pricier untested promise of a newer model in x months, then that is the best solution for you..... You could wait forever on that basis of course...

Neither is right or wrong, so long as it gives you what you want, doesn't give you what you don't want, at a price you think is the best value for money for you.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have only had one iPhone, which was unimpressive but also unlike other phones I have had, it had no second hand value. I suspect this is because a lot of iPhone users are just following a fashion and only want the latest even if is not better than what they have.

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I bought when I felt the price point had fallen to the right level for me, and once the phone model was old enough to be proven. Got one brand new unlocked for 500 quid.
I absolutely don't need "latest" or "best" per se.... I want the best mix of features, price, reliability that suits my lifestyle needs.

The best quality phone is not the latest or most expensive. It is the one that best satisfies my requirements, without paying more for features that I don't need.
I could have paid a lot more for an iPhone, or Note, which had less of what I want and more of what I don't want.

If you, having weighed up a the features, benefits versus price, are happy to deny yourself a replacement phone now and wait for another, much pricier untested promise of a newer model in x months, then that is the best solution for you..... You could wait forever on that basis of course...

Neither is right or wrong, so long as it gives you what you want, doesn't give you what you don't want, at a price you think is the best value for money for you.
This is all very true Nomad but I live a fugal existence so I suffer no guilt when splashing out on a phone full of things that I will possibly never use, when owning it makes me feel so good,.:) I'm beginning to sound like an iPhone user .....;):)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Agree two great phones but not everyone has updated to the eight and nine yet so hanging on until July for the latest Note with it's massive 4,000mAh battery for a similar price could be the way to go.(y)
Wont be a similar price, usually £100 minimum more for the note against the S+

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Won't win over i-phone users they are designer label followers
If it was just the label that was different I might agree with you but of course we know that is not the case.

Martin

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
If it was just the label that was different I might agree with you but of course we know that is not the case.

Martin
I am odd enough to own both an iPhone and an Android phone, I can confirm that they are both very similar apart from that apple logo on the back.....;)(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Wont be a similar price, usually £100 minimum more for the note against the S+
John Lewis RRP....S9+ 869 pounds...Note 8 869 pounds. I have it on good authority that the Note 9 will be a similar price....(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back