Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Here I go again...carpets this time.
We've just got round to unwrapping the carpets and 'fitting' them (ie dropping them on the right bit of floor) - and very nice they look too. Good quality and nicely trimmed.
The section of carpet at the back stops well short of where I thought it might though, and makes me wonder if we've maybe been supplied with a carpet set for the P650 with the higher beds, and steps.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Carpet1.jpg
    Carpet1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Carpet2.jpg
    Carpet2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 67

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
You have got the set for the twin step on the A class ours has two steps up to the beds, yours if it is the coach built has none, send Alan the photo and ask him to order the correct one. ( Then you can sell the other one on this website to someone that has the twin step.............. I can send you a photo tomorrow for comparison if you want Not going out tonight its cold and dark! )

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for that - this site's bloody marvellous!
I thought it was wrong but needed confirmation...but please don't go out tonight, it's bastid freezing up here too!
Thanks again, Norrie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
I'd forgotten about all this posting fun but a wee update is in order, and justified.
I still don't have the correct section of carpet for my £55,000 motorhome. This is despite me regularly prodding Signature over the last 11 months and being told that it's on site / on someone's desk / on somebody else's desk / on its way / now on order from France.
On reflection and as I wrote at the outset, "The proof of the pudding is in the PDI-ing." Mine was clearly not inspected carefully enough as I have had issues with the missing 3rd bed and the pump running constantly.
The carpet is a very minor issue I know - but I have made all the calls and it has been the exception for one to be returned.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I'd forgotten about all this posting fun but a wee update is in order, and justified.
I still don't have the correct section of carpet for my £55,000 motorhome. This is despite me regularly prodding Signature over the last 11 months and being told that it's on site / on someone's desk / on somebody else's desk / on its way / now on order from France.
On reflection and as I wrote at the outset, "The proof of the pudding is in the PDI-ing." Mine was clearly not inspected carefully enough as I have had issues with the missing 3rd bed and the pump running constantly.
The carpet is a very minor issue I know - but I have made all the calls and it has been the exception for one to be returned.

......and this is one of my main gripes about motorhome ownership; i.e. the crappy support system for repairs and replacement parts.

We owned three new vans in 60-months and in all that time it was only the last 2-months of ownership where we weren't actually waiting for a repair or a replacement part via the dealer system.

The whole situation is disgraceful.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Despite all the frustration I do hope you are enjoying your Pilote as much as we enjoy our 700gj. It's the smallest of the 9 vans we've owned but never feels cramped.

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
We really like it although we've hardly used it due to you-know-what but hopefully next year we'll be off to Europe - after fitting new number plates of course!
Did you have to get your habitation checks done by a Pilote dealer to maintain the warranty or will an independent do? Reluctant to go back at the moment....

Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Happy to help
We really like it although we've hardly used it due to you-know-what but hopefully next year we'll be off to Europe - after fitting new number plates of course!
Did you have to get your habitation checks done by a Pilote dealer to maintain the warranty or will an independent do? Reluctant to go back at the moment....
I’m afraid it has to go to a Pilote dealer for the service. £340 lol

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
you only have to have a damp check done to maintain the body integrity warranty by a Pilote dealer
The full habitation check is optional

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
Lo and behold....the carpet section has arrived!!!!!
I've taken expert advice which has confirmed that my motorhome was either poorly PDI'd or not at all, so I'm finished with Signature.
The customer service offered to me has fallen somewhere between non-existent and awful.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Lo and behold....the carpet section has arrived!!!!!
I've taken expert advice which has confirmed that my motorhome was either poorly PDI'd or not at all, so I'm finished with Signature.
The customer service offered to me has fallen somewhere between non-existent and awful.
Thanks for that , do we have a top 10 of dealerships to deal with, would be good if we had one.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I am still waiting for bits that are on order but its down to the factory! PS can I have your old carpets Norrie! ;)

OP
OP
Norrie59
Dec 17, 2018
Bonny Scotland
Funster No
MH
2020 Pilote P650GJ
Exp
Since 2005
I am still waiting for bits that are on order but its down to the factory! PS can I have your old carpets Norrie! ;)
They only sent one section and I feel obliged to send the wrong one back. Two wrongs...
My carpet was "on site" months ago and only latterly (when I lost patience after waiting nearly a year) was the factory & covid blamed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back