OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
That would be on my drive if the drive was big enough!!
All the overlanders i like are too big/expensive

Ps don’t keep putting it on here as I’m hoping he drops the price a bit more (then It might just make knocking 2 metres off the garage worthwhile😁

I’ll just get back in my box and keep the Carthago a bit longer😁😁😁
To be fair, I wouldn't want to be spending more than £60,000. But never say never.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, I have a Range Rover 4.4. I was looking at new Prices the other Day and with similar spect to mine, they are £110,000 new. makes this look a bargain

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
To be fair, I wouldn't want to be spending more than £60,000. But never say never.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, I have a Range Rover 4.4. I was looking at new Prices the other Day and with similar spect to mine, they are £110,000 new. makes this look a bargain
I know Ive said this before but if you get your C licence you can get a lot more for your money, that Charisma is almost certainly tight on weight if its at 7.5 btw

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I think `I saw somewhere you can get gov funding for HGV training
Looked at that last year and I think it’s finishing.

We are writing to you as you have registered to participate in the HGV Skills Bootcamp with Driver Academy Group.

We are delighted to inform you that we have been awarded funding for the training of up to 850 new HGV drivers by the Department for Education. We are currently accepting applications for individuals to obtain the following HGV licence types:
  • Category C
  • Category C+E (for novice drivers and those wishing to upgrade an existing Category C licence)
  • Category C or C+E, plus ADR and HIAB (for those who are not already an HGVdriver only)
If you are still interested in training to become an HGV Driver in one of these categories, then please complete the application on the following link: https://www.directch.com/AcademyGroupV2M

When you follow the link, you must click Register to create a new account, otherwise your application will not be considered for this latest round of Bootcamp funding.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Thinking of doing mine! Can you still go straight to class1?
Yes you can, literally a few months after doing my class 1 they scrapped the class 2 route straight to 1, I enjoyed doing mine, then realised I was so bloody far from the main hubs for haulage and the stupid hrs required went and for my coach license and doing part time for local firm, obviously though you need class 2 if you’re going for the heavier chassis m home 👍

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yes you can, literally a few months after doing my class 1 they scrapped the class 2 route straight to 1, I enjoyed doing mine, then realised I was so bloody far from the main hubs for haulage and the stupid hrs required went and for my coach license and doing part time for local firm, obviously though you need class 2 if you’re going for the heavier chassis m home 👍
Thanks but I could drive a 12 ton moho on a newly acquired class 1 with no cpc needed (hypothetically of course) that’s how I’ve always read it, class 1 trumps everything HGV right?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks but I could drive a 12 ton moho on a newly acquired class 1 with no cpc needed (hypothetically of course) that’s how I’ve always read it, class 1 trumps everything HGV right?
Correct and you would almost certainly feel more confident with it. none of us is immune to the benefit of a bit of coaching and constructive criticism.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Yes, totally right 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back