Thetford Toilet Door/cassette (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hola. Vans been laid up but been taking it out for short runs and running fridge heating and hot water. Today I tried the toilet flush and it wasn’t working not a great problem in itself but since found that outside cassette hatch won’t open so can’t get at cassette. Fuse had blown but after replacing fuse still won’t open, any ideas
Ta

F9D3FD9D-83B9-4F22-84AF-2F572109943E.jpeg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
cassette doors do tend to stick and there is a knack to releasing them. The ones with press buttons, you put pressure against the door to allow the lock to release when pressed. If it still won't open, do the same, but slap the door with an open hand to shock the mechanism loose

When open lubricate the mechanism with silicone spray. Never, ever use WD40 on it, as the plastic swells up

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Rats, hate the bloody things as they will do so much damage and it seems random what they choose. Sometimes they just chew on something hard to grind their teeth down as they continually grow

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Rats :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I HATE them.

We've had one chew through the metal box I keep the rat poison in. The rat did not survive and left his body as evidence as to the culprit.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
TheBig1 thanks for input found out bloody rat had chewed through cable disabling cassette door and toilet flush. Now sortedView attachment 468679
Jeez, how the hell did he manage to get into that locker? There are no real holes or gaps are there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Busman

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Jeez, how the hell did he manage to get into that locker? There are no real holes or gaps are there.
Yes there’s a small hole in the side wall where the cables and air duct go through the bugger had also somehow pulled a woolen bobble hat through to make a nest. Could of been a lot worse I think

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back