Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
My Thetford N100 SES fridge has autoselect between power sources - it works fine on 12v and mains, but gas fails to ignite. Plenty of gas and it is turned on! I should be grateful for any suggestions as to what might cause this. I haven't yet found the ignitor or thermocouple location either. Thanks in advance. Regards Brian

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine behaves eccentrically sometimes, usually if it has not been on gas for a while. The gas seems to select automatically but doesn't light.
Setting it manually to gas operation gets it going, and after a while it can be turned back to auto and will work as intended. No idea why it does it but I just live with it.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
My auto Thetford fridge is now a manual fridge, works fine, no hassle, and I get to choose the energy source. Just been on gas for the best part of two weeks..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Finally got ours sorted.
Park up. Engine off. Wait. it takes a bit of time to decide its safe to ignite.
Then once the gas symbol starts flashing (or occasionally it goes on full-time), the triangular warning light is also flashing - press this and hey presto, it ignites.
Hope this works for you also.

EDIT sorry, just realised ours is a Dometic.

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
My Thetford N100 SES fridge has autoselect between power sources - it works fine on 12v and mains, but gas fails to ignite. Plenty of gas and it is turned on! I should be grateful for any suggestions as to what might cause this. I haven't yet found the ignitor or thermocouple location either. Thanks in advance. Regards Brian
Have you got it sorted?
Does it work in manual/gas?
Can you hear the igniter ticking?

BTW there is no thermocouple on ours, it uses the igniter electrode as a thermocouple.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Bear in mind that the gas wont light for 15mins if you have run the engine. Just in case the reason you have stopped is because your filling up with fuel :)

geoffrey brooke

Free Member
May 9, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2001
same problem with our thetford...had to replace the electronic circuit board...ball ache as you have to remove fridge...thetford customer service useless

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
same problem with our thetford...had to replace the electronic circuit board...ball ache as you have to remove fridge...thetford customer service useless
You are right there.. absolute waste of space the lot of 'em

OP
OP
janeerica

janeerica

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for your advice. Somehow I've managed to get going - cleaned the jets and fiddled around and hey presto, a working 'fridge. Help much appreciated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back