Thetford Fridge / Freezer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Lincolnshire Rover, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover

Ratings:
    +8
    I have an Ace Airstream 680FB fitted with a Thetford Fridge / Freezer , but whilst running on 12v in transit the fridge temp used to rise and things in the freezer started to give, I rang Thetford a couple of weeks ago and they informed me there was an upgrade to fix the problem and advise I contact my local Thetford Agent my nearest 9 miles away Sutterton Caravans Nr Boston Lincs to order the upgrade and make a date for the work to be done . I have just collected my motorhome fix completed , so how about that for fantastic service from both Thetford and Sutterton Caravans ..:thumb:

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ,Could you tell me what model Thetford you have , and any idea what the upgrade is as I have been having similar problems with mine , Thanks

3. Lincolnshire Rover

Lincolnshire Rover

Ratings:
    +8
    Without going to check the model No its the one with the separate freezer on top with the curved doors running on gas and elect it was great although a bit gas hungry but fitting an extractor fan in the top vent to draw the hot air off has made it more gas efficiant.
    The upgrade was a new modulator and a more powerfull 12v heater device.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009