Thermal screen covers (1 Viewer)

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Afternoon all, I have a set of Taylor made screens for my van which are looking a bit tatty. A lot of the silver has rubbed or peeled away as they are very old. They have served us well so do I go like for like or try one of the brands which are available now?
Anyone bought new ones recently and think they are best they’ve had?

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
I have Taylor's and have had Silverscreens before. I would say the quality and build is the same.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I have had Silverscreens on my last two vans and they are superb. Because of the way they fit over the doors it is easy to have both side windows open a few inches for ventilation and there is never any condensation on the inside of the windscreen..

As a vertically challenged lady of a certain age :ROFLMAO: providing they are folded the correct way (for me) and put into the bag the right way up I can have them on the van in a little over 2 minutes. Having been 'guilty' of watching awning-divorces and screen-cover-tetris on sites over the years I don't think that's bad going.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Polar Screens are another popular alternative that many Funsters seem happy with, I believe they do the long & normal versions, the long versions cover the bonnet vents and stop water & draughts.
Here is a link, check on prices between the favourite companies already mentioned.
LES

OP
OP
oozzie
Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the answers everyone. I’ll do a bit of price comparing now.
Oozzie

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Don’t go cheap, get quality. I have seen some really cheap screen covers on motorhomes that cost upward of £100,000 that look terrible and don’t work other than to stop the frost on a winters day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back