The Sigma S34 Thatcham 2>1 Alarm for a new Burstner Lyseo (1 Viewer)

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi

Has anybody any experience of the Sigma Alarm noted above? I am waiting for my new motorhome and this has been suggested by Cranhams. I understand the motorhome already has a Thatcham rated de-mobiliser so this would be the alarm to match that

I had a Burstner Aviano for 9 years with a Cobra Thatcham alarm fitted, which never really caused a problem. But a long time has gone by since 2008, so there may be newer better alarms? How does the Sigma Alarm rate?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
No idea how the sigma rates as we have the Vanbitz alarm which we're more than happy with, have a look on their website for their comparison form. Also you get a discount being a fun member.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No idea how the sigma rates as we have the Vanbitz alarm which we're more than happy with, have a look on their website for their comparison form. Also you get a discount being a fun member.
What Gerry said, Strikeback Growler with MetaTrak šŸ‘

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Our 2019 Burstner came with the Fiat standard immobiliser, I was told this was not up to Thatcham standard/

phillipsheila

Free Member
Jun 23, 2020
Swansea, Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
autotrail 660se
Exp
since 2000. 18 motorhomes and counting
After looking at many alarms im getting a strikeback from eddievanbiz next month 230 miles around trip but the funster discount covers my deisel cost (y)

OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Our 2019 Burstner came with the Fiat standard immobiliser, I was told this was not up to Thatcham standard/
Hi - Thank you for this, It was suggested though I have not seen this in Black and White, that the immobilser was up to the Thatcham 1 Standard. I will check into this further

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You were told wrong.

Fiat were one of the first manufacturers to adopt the 1997 Legislation making an approved immobilisation device factory fitted

Van Bitz were one of the first to work out how to remove the Fiat CODE immobiliser when they started going wrong in 1998 ;)

Those issues are long gone and the Fiat immobiliser is listed as a Category II insurance approved immobiliser

OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
vansecureandinsure.png

Fiat Vans with Thatcham security - Doblo, Ducato, Florini, Scudo​

fiat-vans.JPG

List of vans with factory fitted Thatcham category 2 van immobiliser or category 1 alarm for Fiat Doblo, Ducato, Florini, Scudo.
Category 2 is an insurance approved Thatcham immobiliser and category 1 is an alarm and immobiliser combination.

List of vans with factory fitted Thatcham immobiliser or alarm​

Van make and modelDatesFactory fitted
Fiat DobloMar 01 - onCat2 immobiliser
Fiat DucatoMay 02 - onCat2 immobiliser
Fiat FloriniNov 08 - onCat2 immobiliser

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi - Thank you for this, It was suggested though I have not seen this in Black and White, that the immobilser was up to the Thatcham 1 Standard. I will check into this further
Immobilisers are Category II, physical devices such as wheel locks are Category III and, an qualifying alarm when fitted in conjunction with a qualifying Category II immobiliser is a Category I

Deleted User
Hi

Has anybody any experience of the Sigma Alarm noted above? I am waiting for my new motorhome and this has been suggested by Cranhams. I understand the motorhome already has a Thatcham rated de-mobiliser so this would be the alarm to match that

I had a Burstner Aviano for 9 years with a Cobra Thatcham alarm fitted, which never really caused a problem. But a long time has gone by since 2008, so there may be newer better alarms? How does the Sigma Alarm rate?
I have this alarm. It's faultless and has different settings so we can turn off the internal sensors for moving about at night on site but set full alarm when wild camping. Sensors are fitted to all openings. I would advise against wireless switches and have it fully hardwired.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Hi Eddie thank you for the info, I was told that the immobiliser fitted to our van bought in Sept 2019 but made in Aug 2018 was not up to the requirement for my insurance company and had to have the 2+1 or whatever it was to comply. So should have come to you as we have done in the past. The tracker and alarm you fitted to our Bessacar in 2008 is still going strong as is the one fitted by you in 2003. The current van has already had to have had the (Brain replaced and the internal sensors are problematic to say the least).

May 9, 2011
Cheshire / Vale De Parra
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55
Exp
Since 2011
I had a sigma fitted by Motorhome dealership when new, not impressed, opened the door one day with alarm set nothing happened, so delved further and none of the doors were working, worked at first but after shutting hab door had to wait 30 seconds before you could set alarm,otherwise it would go off,the dealer could not sort it, so had to live with it, so had it removed and got me self a vanbits growler and have had no problems.

OP
OP
JON8H

JON8H

Free Member
Apr 12, 2021
Broadstairs, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. The main problem I have is that Vanbitz will be a 450 mile round trip, hell of a trip just to get a motorhome alarm fitted. At 25 m.p.g. this is going to add another 105.00 in Diseal to the cost of the alarm

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. The main problem I have is that Vanbitz will be a 450 mile round trip, hell of a trip just to get a motorhome alarm fitted. At 25 m.p.g. this is going to add another 105.00 in Diseal to the cost of the alarm
I traveled about that each way and made a break of it, plus Ā£105 could save you thousands.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Our customers come from across the Country, many making a trip of it staying on our lovely campsite www.cornishfarm.com

We even through a night in free of charge for you ;)

On a serious note, have you thought about dates? we average three/four installations a day and are booking into August, although the office did say that we have a couple of postponements available towards the end of the Month due to delays, so if you need something done sooner we may not be able to

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back