The Lodge CL : web site critique please. (1 Viewer)

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
It's obviously a personal thing but I thought the colours were good. Everything on the site loaded quickly and all seems to link together well. The only thing that doesn't work perfectly (and this may not be within your control) is the link to the caravan club site which gives an error message but still allows you to join:Doh:

We would love to visit but it is a bit far away - maybe at some stage in the future.

Phil

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The only thing that doesn't work perfectly (and this may not be within your control) is the link to the caravan club site which gives an error message but still allows you to join:Doh:

We would love to visit but it is a bit far away - maybe at some stage in the future.

Phil

well spotted.. now sorted :thumb:

thanks

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As a constructive criticism the choice of colours on the front page is all wrong....there is too much going on. It's quite common for those who try and build web pages to try and make them too eye catching. Think of the KISS principle.

thanks for your critique .. colours are always subjective and a personal thing, the remit was a 'bright and summery feel'

I submitted several colour schemes and layouts, some were as you say KISS, very basic, others too dark and serious .. the final choice was theirs ..

I guess it's like buying a new T shirt .. I prefer plain white or black :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Well Done

Congrats. on the web page i found it very informative and useable , the campsite itself looks excellent and super value for money , could i be cheeky and ask how your average monthly cost works out bearing in mind metered electricity charges. Hopefully no offence taken tell me b........s nothing to do with you if you wish. Al.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Congrats. on the web page i found it very informative and useable , the campsite itself looks excellent and super value for money , could i be cheeky and ask how your average monthly cost works out bearing in mind metered electricity charges. Hopefully no offence taken tell me b........s nothing to do with you if you wish. Al.

Hi

thanks ..

when we were there it was during the cold winter 08 / 09 and leccy worked out about £2 per day .. that was being frugal with space heating .. plus our pitch fee of £7 ( now £8)

during summer I would think £1 per day or less would be more than adequate for an average user ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back