Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
:( :crying1::crying1::crying1:

Sad time really...

Got a small rally going on here over this weekend... with a foreign club...

Small laid back lot.... friendly... lot`s of drinking and soaking up the sun`s rays.. few we already know.... and met a few we did not know.. (y)

CL is pretty well full for the weekend with off the web visitors and a couple of "Funsters" due today and this weekend...

Then that`s it shutters come down... and closed except for an occasional visitor which we know until we move out in a few weeks time...

Really enjoyed getting this place as it is.... the rally field looks fabulous and firm as anything... so my drainage system all seems to be working..

And believe it or not..... my little soak away what we had the plastic ducks in has got "Sticklebacks" swimming around....:Eeek:

Where did they come from..?????? I have never introduced wild life to the pond....:)

So the place will most probably be turned over to the new owner and all their horses... originally they wanted to keep the CL going, which I did speak to Jim about... but no mention about taking it on of late.. and they cannot afford to buy any of the machinery to keep the place as it is..:( so assume they don`t want to.... (Sort of watch this space).. :RollEyes:

But...... Them that have stayed here and visited the "Shropshire Inn" across the road from us....Well they have shown and interest in opening their EHU site which they closed when they bought the place 10 years ago...

I will have to have a chat with Jim and Stewart the owner of the S-Inn to see if it is doable ... (Again watch this space).. (y)

Summing up...... Judy and myself would like to thank all "Funsters" that have honoured us with a visit over the last 20 months... :hugs: :drinks: :lips:

:bear:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Loved your place and the thanks for your hospitality Mo and Judy.
Good luck with the next chapter in your life and relax and enjoy it.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It’s a lovely place to stay run by a very lovely lady, Judy. The only problem is Judy employed the grumpiest miserable old git you could imagine to cut the grass (I bet the horses make a better job of it too). Sorry to see it close but at least she will be able to sack the grumpy geezer. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Nice one Mo, Sandra might drive us over in the car to see you this weekend and have a word with a few of the foreign club.
We wanted to come and stay over this weekend, but can’t drive the motorhome yet because of my operation.
Give our love to Judy.
Dave & Sandra xx

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Looking forward to Old Mo's "sod off" party.. (y);)

Good luck with the move and next adventure..

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I never had the opportunity to visit, but best of luck with your move Mo. I hope all goes smoothly.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
It was a plesure to visit you twice now; once in Dorset then again recently.:notworthy: At least Finley doesnt have to endure Daisey's "Affections" anymore.o_Oo_O
Best of luck for the future.(y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We had a great time there for our one night, sat in the sun having a beer, got to meet Eddie. The place looked great and you have both done a great job getting it to what it is. Good luck with your move and taking time out. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@JJ We've just had to erect some temporary shade for our olive trees. Bit warm for them in Sunny Sutton On Sea at the moment (y)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
:hugs: Judy and yourself made a beautiful little site and I'm pleased to have been able to stay a couple of times Mo. It seems such a shame that it's not going to carry on.

Fingers crossed that your move goes well now and hope to see you around at a rally somewhere before too long.

love to both xx

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Screenshot_20190524-132824_Weather.jpg

Screenshot_20190524-132848_Weather.jpg

Now let me see...

Which is the warmest? :restmycase:

JJ :cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Loved my visit.... sad but glad you will now have some relaxation and probably extend your life expectancy. Hug to you both. Xx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back