The Deed is Done! (1 Viewer)

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Finally ordered our first MoHo yesterday. After wading through turgid dealer practices I thought were long since extinct - "Hang on, I'll just phone my manager to ask..." etc, etc, I placed an order for a Mobilvetta 80 with uprated chassis 4400kg. (See, I have listened to forum members re. payload!)
Delivery, I'm told is likely to be April. I was also informed that this model, on the heavier chassis, would be £2000 up on the agreed price as it is to have 'enhanced features' (as yet unspecified!!!) When I stopped sniggering things stalled as I refused to pay a penny more. We were eventually able to conclude the deal after a little game of who can endure the silence longest. (I'm good at that)
Seems like a long wait but will be worth it to get a much better payload.
Thanks again everyone for helping me get to this position.

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Well done, can't wait to be in your position, mind you bet the wait will be intolerable.
4400kg will stop any worry over weight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That sounds like a great purchase @ 4.4T. I like the look of those vans and saw one at Marquis Durham early this year.

Nice one, (y)

Andrew

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi, Have you had dealings with them?

Yes, very bad indeed. My wife and I visited them this year (January) when we were wanting to change our motorhome to a different brand.

Perhaps it was the way I was dressed but the saleswoman told us both to go away and come back when we had a van in mind. How rude eh as we only had three vans in mind.

We also overheard a different sales guy (during the same 60-minute visit) tell another couple that they should go somewhere else if they only had a £30,000 budget to spend.

Funny enough the manager came running out of the branch a second later and tapped on my window to apologise - he had obviously caught a glimpse of the toy I was driving that day; a shallow organisation if ever I saw one.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Yes, very bad indeed. My wife and I visited them this year (January) when we were wanting to change our motorhome to a different brand.

Perhaps it was the way I was dressed but the saleswoman told us both to go away and come back when we had a van in mind. How rude eh as we only had three vans in mind.

We also overheard a different sales guy (during the same 60-minute visit) tell another couple that they should go somewhere else if they only had a £30,000 budget to spend.

Funny enough the manager came running out of the branch a second later and tapped on my window to apologise - he had obviously caught a glimpse of the toy I was driving that day; a shallow organisation if ever I saw one.

All the best,

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,
Now I'm worried! I had a short test drive with a guy who was very helpful. However, have to say I wasn't impressed generally with sales. They seemed to think asking you to 'wait in the lounge' was a treat and didn't appreciate how demeaning it felt when they needed time to 'check with their superiors. I gather you have a nice car and and would concur they made snap judgements based on appearance. I'm originally from the North East but they didn't seem to appreciate I was making a 140 mile round trip from Scotland to do a deal agreed at the NEC. Well, if they don't get it right my best mate heads up a pretty heavy duty legal outfit!
Thanks for your feedback - very helpful.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Andrew,
Now I'm worried! I had a short test drive with a guy who was very helpful. However, have to say I wasn't impressed generally with sales. They seemed to think asking you to 'wait in the lounge' was a treat and didn't appreciate how demeaning it felt when they needed time to 'check with their superiors. I gather you have a nice car and and would concur they made snap judgements based on appearance. I'm originally from the North East but they didn't seem to appreciate I was making a 140 mile round trip from Scotland to do a deal agreed at the NEC. Well, if they don't get it right my best mate heads up a pretty heavy duty legal outfit!
Thanks for your feedback - very helpful.

Hi Nevis,

My wife and I were thoroughly gobsmacked TBH.

I have heard of a number of serious issues regarding the poor treatment of customers at the Durham branch of Marquis. That said, I understand the Sales Manager to be a good guy but the other shop floor staff are about as capable as a dyslexic wombat; and some less so!

All the best, (and good luck),

Andrew

Upvote 0

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Nevis
Did you get the delivery date in writing? A nice compensation clause if they fail to deliver May focus their mind.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
If it helps Nevis; I ordered mine at the nec October 2016 through a salesman based in Durham, sorry can't remember his name and advised it would be March 2017. The Durham salesman would ring me about once a fortnight just to chat and up date me. I decided to go for a Plymouth delivery as it suited me better. I had great contact with Plymouth. I ordered some extra bits, toilet cassettes, levellers etc and they agreed to store them for me. I was told when it was due in the country and I went to see the van then but I had to wait for a number of extras to be fitted which were all done to schedule. There was a delay in me picking up the MH but this was a fiat issue. (Confirmed not bs). I have some niggles since but marquis have been spot on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Hi Nevis
Did you get the delivery date in writing? A nice compensation clause if they fail to deliver May focus their mind.
Hi big map, They claimed it would come off the production line end of April but nothing confirmed as yet!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nevis

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
If it helps Nevis; I ordered mine at the nec October 2016 through a salesman based in Durham, sorry can't remember his name and advised it would be March 2017. The Durham salesman would ring me about once a fortnight just to chat up date me. I decided to go for a Plymouth delivery as it suited me better. I had great contact with Plymouth. I ordered some extra bits, toilet cassettes, levellers etc and they agreed to store them for me. I was told when it was due in the country and I went to see the van then but I had to wait for a number of extras to be fitted which were all done to schedule. There was a delay in me picking up the MH but this was a fiat issue. (Confirmed not bs). I have some niggles since but marquis have been spot on.
Thanks Jimiol, that gives me a bit more reassurance. I ordered an Audi a few years ago and they got the spec wrong three times so I'll be relieved if Marquis remember the chassis upgrade!

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Thanks Jimiol, that gives me a bit more reassurance. I ordered an Audi a few years ago and they got the spec wrong three times so I'll be relieved if Marquis remember the chassis upgrade!
When I ordered at the Nec I ordered a second solar panel and I told it would be exactly the same as the mobilvetta fitted one and again a second matching leisure battery and two 13kg gaslow bottles. The second solar is not matching but it is the same wattage. The gas locker wasn't big enough for 13kg gas low bottles. But in fairness mobilvetta was new to marquis then, they have had a year to understand them better.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back