Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I want to write a short article for people who have not been to Düsseldorf before. Do you have any advice or tips for them, how was your experience of the show? Cheers (y)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You will need at least 2 full days, the stellplatz charges from 8am to 4pm so the best plan is to arrive after 4pm get your days in and then leave before 8am the next day.

The stellplatz is an attraction in itself. I can easily spend a couple of hours checking out the motorhomes that you will not see unless you travel a lot, quite a lot of high end and some classics. There s evening entertainment and of course beer and sausages in the middle of it.

Join the club as this will give you discounted tickets for the show.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think things have changed with the Stellplatz since @jongood last went they seem to have moved to a prebooked system but I can’t remember the rules exactly. But yes it’s worth joining “club salon” for discount on show entry tickets and your camping.

Shuttle buses take you to the exhibition as the site is vast with space for about 2000 campers on an evening the buses run into and return from Dusseldorf town centre, you also get free public transport with your show ticket.

Martin

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have quite a lot of photos along these lines if anything is any use @Jim

F7771C47-7585-4EA5-AA5E-53DFB8E53438.jpeg 24C707F8-C392-4D38-8C5F-26BF4C445616.jpeg D5D000A9-CBF1-4AB7-A457-6CF03A2A40D5.jpeg BD567299-F2FF-4027-8212-E9153D15009C.jpeg

Martin

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Well worth going into Düsseldorf , the metro system is easy to use and I think it is free with your ticket.

You definitely need at least 2 days, it is a massive show but never felt crowded, there are lots of places to eat and have a drink.

There is no comparison to any of the motorhome shows in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Well organised camping and facilities. Massive show so be prepared to be on your feet for hours in end if you want to see it all in a couple of days.
Most, but not all, Stand personnel speak English although I found all to be polite and willing to assist.
Plan is to go again this year...3rd visit.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We visited the show two years running , first year booked for 5 nites, second year for 10 nites and still not seen everything, you are allowed in from 4 pm the previous day of your book in day, the entry queues are massive , it moves very quickly ..you are parked up in nose to tail rows...we found the system very efficient ..
The free shuttle buses are about every 5 minutes , tickets are good for the trains etc also it did state no dogs allowed into the exhibition hall areas but sense was used on our second visit as it was extremely hot so the dogs could enter ..not the motohomes but inside the halls ..limited free wifi inside the halls with a individual pass word ..
joining the Salon club which is free is a must as you get better rates for camping and entry etc
Bookings for the camp site starts around July
Evening entertainment is free ..we had a brilliant time !

At the time there was free overnight parking at the Neuss Skihalle which is near Dusseldorf but no m/h facilities, restaurants , bars etc but not sure if that is still available

Caravan Salon Club Dusseldorf Club ... show 31.08 - 08.09 2019
https/www.caravan-salon-club.de

Kath

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
We have been three times. Be prepared to be nose to tail on most of the car park. Very efficient marshalling but vans arrive in two lanes almost in a continuous stream. Big tip - the service point is a permanent installation under a garage type canopy that is attended by very helpful staff. Be prepared to pull to the left to enter the service point BEFORE you check in. If you miss it there is not a major problem but it’s a long way around the site and back again. So as you approach the site from the Autobahn you will swing right with lanes joining from the left, the road bends left, three lanes from memory, start getting into the left lane. You will see the service point after about 75m. Be prepared to signal to Marshals that you want to use it - they are keen to keep everyone moving towards the check in- this will be Marshals standing in the road and depending on available spaces you may be directed further on to another marshal to check in .

Do have your ticket / paperwork ready it will be scanned and your registration plate checked.

The food service changed last year and was on the basis of converting Euros for food tickets then buying food and drink using the tickets. You then convert any tickets left at the end back for Euros. Last year was the first year on this system and it could be improved!. In the food court is a ‘fast food’ stall a bar and then in the back in the marque is a large restaurant, you get served at a counter then waitresses will take your drink order. We seemed to cause offence by going to the bar ourselves and getting drinks so don’t do that!

There is a small shop for breakfast items - rolls etc

A tip would be to take a small trolley to carry all the leaflets etc that you will get. Berger one of the stores normally sell their own brand trollies, sorry can’t remember how much they are. A lot of people use their trollies. So if you haven’t got one head to the Berger store.

As mentioned before all of this join the Salon Club. Discounts on pitches but t hey also have a members lounge - don’t get too excited and you have to buy your coffee but it’s is a good place to rest.

Finally be prepared to be exhausted and pace yourself. And last thing to remember is that you will sleeping under the flight path to the airport for half the day aircraft are low and noisy as they prepare to land then they switch round and have just taken off.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I understand dogs are not allowed. Does anyone know if there are any facilities for them? Not really wanting to leave dog in van all day.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Batten down your wallet it can be very expensive, we have been 3 times and bought a new van each time. I'm banned now, the boss has spoken.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
20 years
WE went several years ago and booked a Pitch with Electric Hookup , we were lined up on the site ,but we were so close (nose to tail ) that in an emergency we would not have been able to move the Motorhome out ( a fire hazard) on top of that the lines of Motorhomes were Chained in !! this we were told was to prevent people who had not paid for electrical hookup getting in , if I went again I would go to general parking with no Hookup.
Apart from that all very efficiently ran , unlike Nec. we knew where we were in the exhibition all the time , although the Nec. is improving.
When we went we thought it very interesting but ,none were UK Spec. Good show if you want L/hand drive etc.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
Great show , but make sure you have plenty of water and waste and toilet space the service area gets rammed and the water tap can be upto a Km away from where you are parked. Yes it’s that big.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
4928931F-E256-4E4E-B520-9E1FF5198118.jpeg

Be prepared for how close you will be parked up.
Take earplugs you will be under the flight path for airport. Flights start pre 6am and finish post 9pm.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Day trip: having done our homework about our potential next vehicle we easily managed the show in a day - same day return flight from Heathrow without getting up too early or back too late - perfect. The vehicle we were looking at was not due to be launched in the UK until later in the year so we wanted to be ahead of the curve. Wait until the NEC show and although it's sort of more convenient you possibly have a long wait for delivery. A worth while trip as we were both underwhelmed with the new model even though we were pretty sure this was what we wanted before we went therefore didn't go for it. However we did see another Hymer at the show which we loved and bought through our UK dealer within a few days. Even if you prefer to spend a couple of days there and make it an adventure, if that's your thing, I would still recommend having a game plan beforehand as the show is so huge it would make your brain hurt.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Great show , but make sure you have plenty of water and waste and toilet space the service area gets rammed and the water tap can be upto a Km away from where you are parked. Yes it’s that big.
The last couple of years we have been there have been portaloos dotted around just for cassette emptying and also more taps than previously. And yes as someone else said the planes are very noisy.

Martin

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
The last couple of years we have been there have been portaloos dotted around just for cassette emptying and also more taps than previously. And yes as someone else said the planes are very noisy.

Martin
Therefore, it’s got better , I made the mistake of going low on water thinking I’d go straight to the service point but there was about ten waiting so straight onto parking and as you know your locked in so had to haul water in a 25litre container best part of Ikm.

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Snap! Ferry ⛴ booked, Show tickets for 4 days and camping booked for5 nights, arriving Sunday! First visit for us! :). Travelling on Tuesday 13th August. Hull to Rotterdam and slowmo to Düsseldorf.
Bernie ?

Feb 24, 2018
Funster No
will be looking out for other funsters remember to have your fun sticker on show :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
View attachment 296658

Be prepared for how close you will be parked up.
Take earplugs you will be under the flight path for airport. Flights start pre 6am and finish post 9pm.
Been 3 times never seen any parking like that always been parked on the long grass avenues.

The first time we went back in 2007 found the plane noise a bit of a pain but in recent years with the quieter jets and more restrictive flying times not really noticed them that much.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back