Thank god for E&P levelling (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Well my self levelling came into its own tonight as had a blow out on the A38 duel carriageway managed to creep into a bit of a pull in not a lay bye but better than nothing. Got out n/s/r tyre shredded so out with the cracker bar got spare out the garage lifted using the E&P levelling jacks all done and changed in less than 10 minutes.

Was a horrible night obviously dark but also very foggy a bit scary but wife stood at the back on the grass looking at the traffic, was very surprised how many lorries never bothered to move over even though we had a yellow beacon flashing 20 yds down the road and our hazard lights on surprised really as they are suppose to be professional drivers a bit of courtesy would have been nice some did move over but not many.

Lesson learnt too, will NEVER travel without a spare wheel other things will be left at home 1st before the spare

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Do you know how old the tyre was? If it "shredded" this might suggest it was due replacement on age. Or you just ran over something nasty! :)

Sounds as if it had been a offside tyre you would have needed recovery given the traffic. :(

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Do you know how old the tyre was? If it "shredded" this might suggest it was due replacement on age. Or you just ran over something nasty! :)

Carthago was new in March 2019 so tyre was new done 7000 miles, i can see where I have ran over a bolt or similar as found a large hole in the centre of the tread, the hole would be much too big to repair so a good size bolt or object of some sort

It has shredded as it blew out at about 65mph luckily no damage to the wheel arch or other areas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Sounds as if it had been a offside tyre you would have needed recovery given the traffic. :(

Yes if it had been o/s i would have rang the police so they could have sent a traffic officer out to shut the lane off whilst i changed the wheel, not worth risking yourself is it

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Wow! Glad it all worked out for you. Undoubtedly the levellers were a significant contributor.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back