Tft Tv ? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you will need to check if it has a stand-alone transformer. it drops 240v to 12v so you can connect 12v direct but ,as mentioned before on the forum, i think its worth using a voltage stabilizer. (PLEASE dont start this debate again.)

most smaller (15" --> 20" ish) LCD tv's have but the larger ones are mains connect only, even if they have an internal tranny.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
My Humax 23" is 240v, the kettle lead plugs straight into it. Oddly it only draws 60 watts but the Bush TV ran on 12v but drew 120 watts!
Not wanting to reopen the regulator debate again but Frogijock ran his tv straight off 12v and it's gone pop. Could be a coincidence

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
My Humax 23" is 240v, the kettle lead plugs straight into it. Oddly it only draws 60 watts but the Bush TV ran on 12v but drew 120 watts!
Not wanting to reopen the regulator debate again but Frogijock ran his tv straight off 12v and it's gone pop. Could be a coincidence

Regards
Doug

I was considering using a stabilising type 12 volt lead.

But if theres not any real advantage I will stick with the regular TV and sky box via an inverter.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I was considering using a stabilising type 12 volt lead.

But if theres not any real advantage I will stick with the regular TV and sky box via an inverter.

Hi John,
That's exactly what I do nowadays. Both the digibox and TV run off the inverter. Barbara starts worrying after 30 mins but by my calculations it'll last 20 odd hours:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back