Tesco vouchers on tunnel? (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
We have switched shopping to Tesco’s as it is more convenient and have a Tesco club card!Just had info from them that we have £13 on it.Not a lot I know but by the time we are able to go to France(hopefully in Sept) we should have more!We always use the tunnel and can we use our Tesco rewards and how do we go about it?May save us a bit of money😊

Feb 16, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat PVC
Exp
Since 1995
Just log into the system, ask for the voucher a couple of weeks before you are traveling.
We use a Tesco credit card, it gives us loads of points.
And points make prizes!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Log onto the Tesco website and follow the link to “Rewards”.

You will find “Travel” listed, and the Tunnel will be there.

Your £13 of vouchers can be exchanged for a Tunnel voucher worth £39, (ie 3 x face value).

You can then enter your voucher numbers which will generate a reference number for you to quote when trying to book.

You have to ring the number shown on the “Rewards” web site, not the usual Tunnel number.

You will find that the Tunnel reps are well versed in Tesco vouchers and will be very helpful, if unsure just ask.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I use. Tesco credit card for all our shopping wherever it is, usually mounts up to around a £1000 a month so collect quite a few points Up to £90 at the moment but no plans to use the tunnel this year.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just be aware that you can usually only use one code for each tunnel booking which MUST start in the UK so it's either a single outward or a return (out then back) so make sure you check the price of the crossing prior to booking so you can maximise the amount of 3x face value you can get but don't go over this as you won't get the extra back.

What you can also do is sign up so that you get the initial Tesco vouchers issued to you in November rather than several times a year - if you have more value in the initial vouchers than you need to exchange for tunnel deal vouchers Tesco will give you the difference back, eg if you have a voucher for £20 but only need £10 of it (= £30 at 3 x value) the remaining £10 will be put back into your Tesco points total.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
If you pay off the credit card every month, get yourself a Tesco CC.
You get points for all your purchases (including, in our case the Council Tax).
Alright, they are stingy when it comes to points in these circs. (a quarter point per Pound) but like Thenardier in Les Mis. says "Jesus! It's amazin' how it grows"

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I think you have to book at least 14 days in advance if I recall correctly.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I wonder why I did not get points when I drove their home deliveries - they certainly did not pay much?

Ah well it was a start at driving jobs(part-time, retirement) which led me to working for HM Government and then 7 happy years for Titan Travel, which in turn gave me opportunities to look at lots of MHs all over England, which led me to look at a N&B Arto, which is where I still am after 12 years. Still driving, unpaid - Basia is more mean than Tesco.:LOL:

Follow the 'Yellow Brick Road' :giggle: :giggle:

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back