Temporary or Emergency Windscreens???

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by 2escapees, Apr 4, 2008.

1. 2escapees

2escapees Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    I just know someone has this answer. Like most coachbuilt motorhomes we have a large windscreen just inviting stones. So where can I buy a temporary/emergency windscreen?

I found information about windowguard but could not find where to buy it. Driving through deserts and mountain passes soon so I think it would be a good idea to carry something!

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +28,929
    a pair of motorbike goggles and a scarf. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

not very helpful.........sorry.:Blush:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Ratings:
    +6,719

Really depends on whether it is a laminated windscreen, if its laminated it will mainly just 'crack' and wont be a problem.

If its the other type that shatters into a myriad of small pieces which you cannot see through, then a largish piece of clear thin plastic sheet and some wide clear sellotape should suffice after you punch a vision hole through it and tape the plastic over it.

Bodge, but would do the job........... otherwise :Eeek: and a plastic mac:thumb: