Teleco Satellite - Fails to Lock On (1 Viewer)

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
This has been raised elsewhere however I thought it worthy of a bit more exposure.
Teleco made changes to their satellite in orbit which has resulted in subscribers losing the signal for their onboard systems to lock on to the bird.

I took the issue up with Lowdhams service department as the supplier of our motorhome. The response was I was the first to report the issue and that was then followed up later by we have now had three customers inform us of this issue. I asked them what they were doing about it to wit the response was we have spoken with the supplier in the UK who knows about and understands the issue. That said in the same breath if you wish us to fix it we will have to book it in and it will cost £75.00. You might guess my reply. It was polite but along the lines of this is a charge that should be on chargeback to the supplier not the customer of a new vehicle that is under warranty. However, as I expected the way this industry treats it's valued customers is shocking. This is a supplier issue and they expect the customer to cough.

I was then advised that if I had a printer cable and was prepared to download the file fix from the Teleco online support website it would take circa 10 minutes. I will try.

I understand we all experience this very poor service attitude but coming from an automotive manufacturing background I cannot understand how they get away with this poor service attitude.

Rant over, any thoughts welcome.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Updated mine today.
Had to dig an old Windoze laptop out from the depths of my study and get it up and running.
The date was set on 2005. :Eeek:
After changing the settings I finally got it to connect to the internet and downloaded the update files.
Dug out a spare printer cable and ran the update into the dish control box.
All working again now. (y):)

The actual update took about 10/15 minutes.

Richard

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Good to hear the fix works. Which version of the Sat do you have and what file did you use as there a numerous files to choose from? Tks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Just be careful if you have a unit programmed to find Intelsat 907.
The update for that unit can only be done by a Teleco agent.

Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
We had the same reaction when we enquired at Lowdhams. Decided to do it myself and it rally is a simple procedure. The hardest thing to overcome was opening the false covering panel.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Just be careful if you have a unit programmed to find Intelsat 907.
The update for that unit can only be done by a Teleco agent.
Hi,

I am making contact with you in connection with all Teleco Satellite systems and the satellite Astra 28. We have been made aware yesterday of a change to the Astra 28 satellite that will affect the Teleco system’s ability to locate it. This will affect all customers with Magicsat Easy, Flatsat Easy, Flatsat Classic Easy, Flatsat Skew Easy, Flatsat Elegance, Internet Sat & Telesat products.
To overcome this change made to the transmission of Astra 28 Teleco have released a software updater program which is downloadable by following the link below which will take you to the page where you can find the appropriate update for your system. Beware – installing the wrong software for your system will not work and may mean your control box is locked. Please ensure the correct software updater is selected for the system you have. Once the software update to the control box is complete it will enable the system to find the satellite again. This update should take approx. 5 minutes per control box. The control box will need to be connected to a computer with a printer cable and the control panel is required to perform the update. A simple instruction document on how to perform a software update is also attached to assist.

http://www.support-telecogroup.com/telecogroup/teleco/en/support/software.asp

1571095368950.png

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Johns_Cross_Motorhomes
I am aware of this information but acting on information supplied by forum member Vansflyer I phoned importer Scan Terieur who confirmed the update you can do yourself will reset the box to factory settings and you will loose Intelsat 907. However Teleco agents can perform an update without the box being reset to factory settings.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Hi All

Can anyone assist with the actual database file of satellite locations?

My system crashed in the middle of the upgrade and it locked out!

Now received the unlock code from Teleco but neither Teleco, their UK agent or 2 suggested dealers have been of any help in locating the required file.

The unlock code required you to go to the expert option and it requests the location of the database file to import.

The file name I was provided with is database 'd000 (DVBS2) Intelsat 907 2019-10-07'

Cheers in advance (hopefully) as now in France.

Neil

skyedave

Free Member
Oct 21, 2019
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Carthago C tourer A
Exp
30 years
Hi all. I had this issue with my teleco flatsat not locking on to astra 2. I have just installed the teleco update 8mins and alls well.

If you are in the Scunthorpe area and need a hand let me know.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi all. I had this issue with my teleco flatsat not locking on to astra 2. I have just installed the teleco update 8mins and alls well.

If you are in the Scunthorpe area and need a hand let me know.

You are a week tooo late .. I only live in Messingham ...

.Just had mine done at Camper UK .£45 i stripped it out , they put it back and reset the TV . I could not get the file to download and as i was taking the MH in for Damp Check i got them to do it , The Dish does seem to lock on quicker now than it has for a while .

MKEvans

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Dethletts C Class
Exp
5 years
I seem to have the same problem as Bustup 15 my blackbox seems to have locked teleco have been useless I have been going round in circles but getting nowhere. It would seem i have an expensive lump that no longer works.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I seem to have the same problem as Bustup 15 my blackbox seems to have locked teleco have been useless I have been going round in circles but getting nowhere. It would seem i have an expensive lump that no longer works.
Have you contacted Scan-Terieur the Teleco importer? The were quite helpful in the past and this time they put me onto Jeff Fielding at LeisureTech Services, he is very helpful and it would be worth giving him a call. He sorted my system out but you will need to send him the box and switch and he does charge but quick turnaround

MKEvans

Free Member
Oct 18, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Dethletts C Class
Exp
5 years
Hi thank you for your reply, yes I have been in touch with Scan-Terieur the Teleco importer who gave me a uk list of teleco repairers etc, I have bitten the bullet phoned my local agent and arranged to go this Friday to have it unlocked and upgraded £45.00
Shame it did not work like most seem to have done, but that’s how it goes sometimes. Better to get it sorted than have a useless lump of metal/plastic doing nothing - we rarely even use it, but since this has happened it’s bugged me terrible. Thank you

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I found the importer courteous but technically useless. They out me into Jeff Fielding who was most helpful. It was him that told.me the manufacturer had sent the wrong database file! Doesn't fill you with confidence. I'm with my German supplier tomorrow so hopefully he can sort it.

Bear57

Free Member
Nov 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bernie
Exp
Deffleff
I recently had a habitat service at lowdhams and since teleco not working they insisted wasn't under warranty and wouldn't fix.
Just wondering if anyone else have recently had a habitat service at lowdhams.And since Teleco not performs correctly Just thought one or two have got in touch with lowdhams and lowdhams reply bring it in and will correct for £75 makes you wonder.

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
I dont understand why the habitation inspection would affect the sat system other then checking the installation for water ingress. Teleco carried out a system upgrade which had the knock on effect of corrupting the lock on file in the system hence your sat will not lock on to the satellite. Effectively not Lowdhams problem! Same response I and others got. They could fix it but at a price. Based on a minimum of 1 hour labour rate. The fix takes all of 10 minutes and is free from the telco support page you do need a laptop and a printer cable. Its just typical of the market support or lack of to be precise. I hope you get it sorted as its a PITA when you have a system that worked one day and doesn't the next day through no fault of your own.

Scenic155

Free Member
Aug 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto trailer
Exp
4 years
This has been raised elsewhere however I thought it worthy of a bit more exposure.
Teleco made changes to their satellite in orbit which has resulted in subscribers losing the signal for their onboard systems to lock on to the bird.

I took the issue up with Lowdhams service department as the supplier of our motorhome. The response was I was the first to report the issue and that was then followed up later by we have now had three customers inform us of this issue. I asked them what they were doing about it to wit the response was we have spoken with the supplier in the UK who knows about and understands the issue. That said in the same breath if you wish us to fix it we will have to book it in and it will cost £75.00. You might guess my reply. It was polite but along the lines of this is a charge that should be on chargeback to the supplier not the customer of a new vehicle that is under warranty. However, as I expected the way this industry treats it's valued customers is shocking. This is a supplier issue and they expect the customer to cough.

I was then advised that if I had a printer cable and was prepared to download the file fix from the Teleco online support website it would take circa 10 minutes. I will try.

I understand we all experience this very poor service attitude but coming from an automotive manufacturing background I cannot understand how they get away with this poor service attitude.

Rant over, any thoughts welcome.
Can I ask you what happens if your telesat box has no reset button please

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
You're not resetting the Telco box, you're providing an updated satellite location and lock file thus enabling your sat dish to lock on to the signal. You just need the correct file for your system and as mentioned above it is available from Teleco link below. You will need a windows laptop to update.

http://www.support-telecogroup.com/telecogroup/teleco/en/support/software.asp.

Hope this helps
Archie

Gazz Kaz+Spag

LIFE MEMBER
May 2, 2018
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2010
After lockdown am now out and about with new MH and i have a Teleco sat. Is this issue that the sat dish just spins trying to find the right one or that it stops on the old position. Mines stopped but no picture as yet. Just trying to work out if i need to update it...no printer cable with me. Thank you

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Gazzag,
If you read the posts above I'm sure you will find the solution which does require you to get the reset done.
HTH
Archie
PS I no longer have this van or use satellite TV. An Amazon Fire stick is a better solution.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back