Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
I have a problem with our Teleco dish.
It keeps coming up with Er2 which i think is motor jammed.
I have removed the dish and looked at the coggs and motors and the seem well greased and in reasonable condition.
Has anybody else had a issue with this and any ideas how to repair?

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
Hi I have same problem with Magicsat Easy. I can’t even get the plastic weather cover off to see the mechanical workings so to have any chance of freeing up the jam. There is no obvious release of the cover. Did you succeed with your problem?
Regards
Trevor

OP
OP
bluesurf989
Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Hi Trevor. Around the bottom of the cover their is x2 plastic pins. They will more than likely break but I replaced mine with small screws. Still no luck with my jammed motor😩

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
Thanks yes I made a cheeky phone call to a Teleco dealership and blagged some help from one of their technicians! I had the two pins out but the cover wasn’t budging so thought there was something else I had to release. The technician said that was all that was needed as you have just said and so I used a bit more force and got the cover off. Problem still unresolved although with a a whole day on the roof I have come to the conclusion it’s not a mechanical issue as the cogs etc are all ok. I deliberately shorted the cables that go to a micro switch and that changed what was happening in that the dish arm continued with its raising but only in short bursts. If I then reconnected te micro switch the arm came down but again only in short steps. SO I have come to the conclusion it’s the Printed Circuit Board in the motor cover. Trouble is searching the net it is showing as discontinued!!!!😟. I’m making some phone calls tomorrow and see if I can source one. If I have a success and a working dish I’ll let you know.
Here’s hoping
Trevor

OP
OP
bluesurf989
Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
Fingers crossed you get it sorted Trevor. Please let me know if you have any luck as I would love to get mine working again👍🏻

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
Fingers crossed you get it sorted Trevor. Please let me know if you have any luck as I would love to get mine working again👍🏻
Hi blue surf, I have eventually got my system fully up and running but it needed a 130 mile journey to a Teleco Service Agent who installed a second hand motor.
In my previous post I said I thought my problem was the PCB which I did manage to source for £50 but that wasn’t the solution hence the trip to the service agent. If anyone needs a PCB I have one up for grabs!
Regards
Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bluesurf989
Jul 26, 2015
Devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 1999
So pleased you have got yours sorted. Mine is still unworking. Many thanks for letting me know.How would i find out where my local teleco service agent may be?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back