Tea (1 Viewer)

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
I really really hate tea, how offended would Moroccans be if you declined an offer of tea?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I don't like tea, but usually the tea is heavily sugared or contains mint leaves. And you don't usually get a cupful but a small glass.
It's not like your usual UK type tea. Just take a couple of slurps and everyone is happy and no one is offended. (y)

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring
I cannot usually drink tea (haven't done so since I was 13 or 14), but twenty five years ago I was in Gaza and was invited (commanded) to have tea with the Minister in Yasser Arafat's Palestinian National Authority. I was "advised" by another Brit who had been working there for several years not to refuse the offered tea as it could or would be viewed as an insult. I duly turned up at the allotted time in best bib and tucker, exchanged pleasantries with the Minister and then accepted the dreaded tea. As Jimbohorlicks has said, the cup was small, and the black tea was heavily sugared. With a gracious (forced) smile I managed to down it without any drama and was able to decline an additional cup with my honour and reputation intact! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back