TANK WINTERISATION (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I am having a 5v tank protection fitted to my new Autocruise Rhythm, fresh water and grey tanks together with pipe insulation.
Any one got ideas, good or bad, on this subject I would love to learn more, thank you

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's quite a common fit for those who enjoy skiing. If tanks are external then there are often cold spots that need looking at and very often you won't know how effective your winterisation efforts are until you commit to sub zero for a few days.

This is a great thread about getting your van ready for the cold . http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/winterising-the-van-fully.56213/

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Many thanks Jim,

Great read and some excellent links attached.

I, like others would appreciate a MH Fun sticker, please advise as to how?

Kind regards and thanks for a really well built and maintained site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Is it 5volt? sounds an odd voltage to use when 12v is radily available I bet its a system designed for soething else adapted to the m/h market but if it works thats all that matters!. Presumably it must only work on hook up or for a short while on battery it wouldn't help during storage so would still nedd to drain down when not using the m/h. Wonder if its the same thing they use for stopping condensing boilers drain freezing up.

David

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Live Life Now
Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Is it 5volt? sounds an odd voltage to use when 12v is radily available I bet its a system designed for soething else adapted to the m/h market but if it works thats all that matters!. Presumably it must only work on hook up or for a short while on battery it wouldn't help during storage so would still nedd to drain down when not using the m/h. Wonder if its the same thing they use for stopping condensing boilers drain freezing up.

David

Hi David, This is where the learning curve kicks in.

I have a new Autocruise from Marquise, the deal was that they winterised my tanks and it has to be returned for them to do the works, the 5v bit is what was on the specification sheet along with "insulate all pipe work".

I will find out and let you know via this thread when the job is done.

At the very least I am starting to sound a little knowledgeable on the subject due to this site so Thank you

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back