Tambour door problem (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Our shower door has just thrown a wobbler. Some of the mushroom headed guides have popped out of the top rail (don't ask how as I was walking the dogs at the time and Mrs. B. insists she didn't force it). Before I start unscrewing bits has anyone got any tips as to how to fix it?
20221116_092643.jpg
20221116_092548.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Look at the end of the rail and see if you can slot them in (ie pull the door as far as you can and put them in one by one), if not then you'll likely need to gently prise the rail to get them back in. Also, I've just had a quick look again and it seems there's a 'joint' so if you unscrew the rail to allow that part drops down you might be able to slot them in there and the fasten it back up.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
They don't seem to last long, I gave up with mine and fitted a curtain. Works better and doesn't need constant attention.

OP
OP
Burgo
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
I've just had a quick look again and it seems there's a 'joint' so if you unscrew the rail to allow that part drops down you might be able to slot them in there
Gotcha. It looks like if I can "park" the curtain one section of rail, then unscrew the other I can slide the curtain out, plug the hangers back in to the top of the curtain, then slide them back into the track. Thanks for spotting the join - looking up with varifocals doesn't really work and I'd missed it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Gotcha. It looks like if I can "park" the curtain one section of rail, then unscrew the other I can slide the curtain out, plug the hangers back in to the top of the curtain, then slide them back into the track. Thanks for spotting the join - looking up with varifocals doesn't really work and I'd missed it.
By George I think he's got it! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back