Tall tales from Greece (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
Tales of heroism
Last night following a good supper, handsome international jet setter Paul Bridgestock and his latest flame, Valerie, reputed by the British press to be an ex-Mafia 'moll', were resting from their labours (and the 3 bottles of wine and complimentary Metaxa brandy). 3am came and went. Von Paulus could not sleep as he was worrying about the 5 kittens that had surrounded their table during dinner.

He had refused to feed them as he did not want to get too attached to them. He still worries and feels guilty (yes I do, really!) about a dog that they had come across almost 30 years ago in Greece and did not want to feel guilty about 5 kittens for the rest of his life.

However despite his good intentions his guilt had no rest. From 1am until that time the kittens had been playing around Claude the camping car, running underneath and they could be clearly heard through the open windows.

Suddenly, a squeal and a screech rang through the eerily silent evening! Valance woke and said 'what the hell is that'. Paul's lithe, toned young body leapt into action and he athletically sprang up in bed. From the window he could see that the little white and brown kitten was chasing something under the camping car. Out it ran and leapt over the concrete edge into the sea. The kitten flew in exactly the same direction and at speed and disappeared over the edge with a large splash and a shriek!.

'Bloody hell' screamed a startled Von Paulus. 'The kitten is going to drown'! He sprang orrrfff the bed and leapt out of the doorway rather like a bullet from a gun. No wonder he was nicknamed 'Super Paulus' by so many people.

He ran across to the edge, or rather, he started too. In his sleepiness he had forgotten the sharp gravel covering which he had jumped out onto. The pain was excruciating! Bugger! Ouch! Christ! and many other similar expletives rang out through the night.

He persevered despite the agony and got too the edge ready to leap in to save said kitten. At that point he nearly had a bloody heart attack. The kitten shot up in the air like a Polaris missile directly before Von Paulus's eyes. The poor little thing had swum back and climbed up the wall like a............well, like a wet cat climbing up a wall to escape a soggy death. It's eyes were wide open as it passed Paulus's head and the expression of 'it's all your bloody fault' was clear to see.

Chastened and in too much pain to even think about wet pussy jokes, Von Paulus crawled back to the camping car. He opened the freezer for a well earned drink of chilled water. Mouth dry from all the excitement and daring do, he greedily drank direct from the bottle. Glug, glug............glug............What was that weird flavour? The water tasted terrible! Glug...........Oh crap! It was not water but a plastic bottle of wine that a passing Greek seller had sold him earlier in the day. Not of the absolute highest quality to start with and when half a litre was drunk in one long slurp it was not at its best. It was a rude reward for his heroism...........

The tale continues.............

OP
OP
Paul and Val
Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
...........Chapter 2 please.

Can I have the film rights?

We are in negotiation with Paramount Pictures. Tommy (Cruise) rang last night to butter me up as he wants the lead but I think we need someone more handsome to play me...........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hah ah! Tiz talent like yours Sir I have searched the universe for!
Hurriedly sign this contract for me to be you Agent, My terms are favourable Just sign in the dotted line don't bother reading the small print , Tiz only detail.

Sign here . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I promise to pay Rangitira 99.99% of all moneys I earn. it will be faithfully be paid into his overseas account in the Cook Islands.Should I not earn any money then I will promise to sell all my body organs, and my five kittens to keep him in the luxery he is accustomed too .

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I was sitting in my car on Custom House quay at Falmouth when a kitten grabbed the leg of a huge Herring Gull. The kitten didn't let go until the gull was a hundred yards or so out over the harbour. It almost put me off my pasty.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I was sitting in my car on Custom House quay at Falmouth when a kitten grabbed the leg of a huge Herring Gull. The kitten didn't let go until the gull was a hundred yards or so out over the harbour. It almost put me off my pasty.

Biting off more than you can chew, eh !

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thread started with an almost James Bond style theme, then what do you know "Pussy-Gull-Flighty" gets a mention.:whistle::LOL:

OP
OP
Paul and Val
Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
Hah ah! Tiz talent like yours Sir I have searched the universe for!
Hurriedly sign this contract for me to be you Agent, My terms are favourable Just sign in the dotted line don't bother reading the small print , Tiz only detail.
Sign here . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I promise to pay Rangitira 99.99% of all moneys I earn. it will be faithfully be paid into his overseas account in the Cook Islands.Should I not earn any money then I will promise to sell all my body organs, and my five kittens to keep him in the luxery he is accustomed too .

Only 99.9%! What value Sir. Have you thought about general legal work. You are much cheaper than our solicitor............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back