T-line 590 storage locker sizes/boxes (1 Viewer)

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Hi, we’re think about buying a t-line 590 so are hiring one for a week to try it out first. As we are having to travel some distance to try it, we are having to take everything with us and unload from the car. What size are the 2 lockers above the kitchen and would we get more use out the space taking things in small boxes?

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
There is plenty of storage in the T590
What are you thinking of putting in the 2 lockers?
Where are you based?
How long have you hired for ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
We’ve hired it for a week, and due to current covid situation are intending to be self sufficient not have to go anywhere/buy anything in. Assuming that the wardrobe doesn’t actually hold much, so thinking medical supplies/sundries/entertainment etc above the kitchen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Next to the wardrobe there is another locker with shelves.
I would not put anything to heavy above the kitchen
as it could fall out when you open the locker
and smash the glass on the cooker.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I usually use the extra large shopping bags for stuff as it's easy to fill / empty them and they fold away to nothing when you don't need them :)

Boxes are a bit of a nuisance but I do store the van bed linen and towels in boxes at home (or on the bed in the van - leaving the boxes at home when on travels). Medication is kept in one of the "really useful" boxes that is just the right size and that does travel with is as it goes into any of the lockers.

Upvote 0

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Next to the wardrobe there is another locker with shelves.
I would not put anything to heavy above the kitchen
as it could fall out when you open the locker
and smash the glass on the cooker.

I second the nothing heavy (or sharp) high in the kitchen. All heavy stuff is best kept low down for a few reasons ....... not just damage to the van but also to you if something falls when you open a locker.

Tea towels make great packing cloths. Also don't forget the washing up liquid and matches :)

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Thanks for all the advice, have tried watching a few YouTube videos to try and gauge the storage amount and size but it’s difficult. if anyone has any pictures or links to videos of the storage that would be greatly appreciated!
what size are your really useful boxes? I’ve got lots of packing cubes, the soft type for luggage so hoping to load things up in them for storage/clothes.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
We had a Pegaso 590 which has the same internal layout and bought an Fiamma Ultra Box for the bike rack so we could carry levelling blocks, awning mat, chairs etc as there's nowhere else to put them.

We found that whilst it had a great payload there wasn't anywhere to store anything. Zero space under the dinette and zero space under the seat opposite. fitted a fixed plate and separate cup racks above the cooker & sink, tins and similar went in the thin pull out rack. The pull out shelf under the cutlery draw is a very useful feature.

Lovely van, excellently built eye level lockers, well built all over with no rattles etc but found de constructing the dinette to get to the freshwater tank and musical lockers in the bathroom wardrobe and external accessed locker a pain. I'm 6ft 2 and struggled to reach the upper locker shelf from outside and we both found the internal access to it too narrow to put storage boxes in. If you're little like my missus, your feet won't touch the floor sitting on the loo.

Sold it after 2 trips.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Thanks Jonno1103 i have now paid for the subscription so can reply!
after hiring the 590, we decided against it due to the high toilet issue, we even bought a childs toilet step to use but not enough room.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks Jonno1103 i have now paid for the subscription so can reply!
after hiring the 590, we decided against it due to the high toilet issue, we even bought a childs toilet step to use but not enough room.
Have a look at Auto Trails F60 & F62. The F60 has the same interior as the T-590, the F62 has an excellent kitchen. Toilets are lower plus there's a fully lined separate shower. No inboard fresh tank so you get both underseat lockers. The Ford is better than the Fiat... far easier to drive with a better chassis and with both option packs you'll even get a heated windscreen and a choice of cab colour. Good payloads.

Auto Trail are a very, very close sister to Roller Team, they build their Toleno panel van.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
I was thinking about the F62, but atm want to see the Pilote P626D, wondering if the extra 20cm is not too much extra for the extra storage. We also found the gap under the shower screen on the 590 meant that unless the van was leaning the right way, despite putting towels outside it leaked.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I was thinking about the F62, but atm want to see the Pilote P626D, wondering if the extra 20cm is not too much extra for the extra storage. We also found the gap under the shower screen on the 590 meant that unless the van was leaning the right way, despite putting towels outside it leaked.
Yes I've seen the 626, considering it's 'compact' it's only 1mm narrower. Personally i'm not a big fan of it's payload which is less than 300kg and that's without a spare wheel, a solar panel or an awning... the F62 will give you the first 2 of that trio as standard. If you want an oven it'll cost over £500 and snaffle another 13kg of your payload and of course British vans get them as standard too.

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Hi, we’re think about buying a t-line 590 so are hiring one for a week to try it out first. As we are having to travel some distance to try it, we are having to take everything with us and unload from the car. What size are the 2 lockers above the kitchen and would we get more use out the space taking things in small boxes?
Pm me tomorrow with your name, email and mobile and I will get one of my guys to send over a video with a tailored presentation for you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Jonno1103 thanks, sorry I meant the length being 6.2m over 6m. I couldn’t see any real storage on the f60/f62 we think we’ll need that now.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Jonno1103 thanks, sorry I meant the length being 6.2m over 6m. I couldn’t see any real storage on the f60/f62 we think we’ll need that now.
Is it a 4 berth and storage you need? If so take a look a McLouis 331. It's a 5.99m 4 berth. The motorhome comes with a lot of extras... 120w solar, combi 6 heating & water plus winter packs... a quite luxurious interior, transverse rear double above a large garage rated for 300kg, two rather unique singles at the front and has a payload of 587kg on a 3500kg chassis. The Lux pack is now a standard factory fit.

They're a really nice motorhome.

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
Jonno1103 thanks, I think you actually managed to suggest a brand I hadn’t heard of! We only need a 2berth but with a double bed. Ideally would have been 6m but thinking the 6.2m would have been a compromise. We think we’ll need the drop down bed over the fixed rear tranverses, as I need more of a lounge/sofa type layout in the front rather than just the functional seats at a table type and the captains chairs aren’t for me for the way I sit in the evening.
Storage wise, there was enough in the t-line to fit 2 outside chairs and a table of one was stored inside, but ideally I would like to transport my electric wheelchair or take apart scooter and not have it inside when travelling.

we did think the New Chausson X550 would be the one but we’re surprosed by the way the build quality felt inside.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back