Swiss campsites open 6th June 2020 (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Just received this from the TCS:

Chers amis campeur,

En dépit des interventions et des efforts que nous avons multipliés au cours des dernières semaines, y compris au niveau politique, nous n'avons pas eu l'autorisation de rouvrir les campings TCS plus tôt. La déception est grande, mais la période d'incertitude touche à sa fin: Le Conseil fédéral a décidé aujourd'hui que les campings pourraient rouvrir en Suisse à partir du 6 juin 2020. C'est un premier pas en direction d'un retour à la normale, même si les règles de l'Office fédéral de la santé publique doivent toujours être respectées et que certaines restrictions seront inévitables. La santé de nos hôtes et de nos collaborateurs reste notre priorité absolue.

Vous trouverez ici la liste des règles qui s'appliquent jusqu'à nouvel ordre dans les campings TCS.

La demande en emplacements et en hébergements glamping a fortement augmenté au cours des derniers jours. Tous ceux qui souhaitent passer leurs vacances au camping sont invités à réserver au plus vite leur emplacement ou leur hébergement glamping. Réservez dès maintenant votre emplacement ou votre hébergement glamping directement en ligne sur www.tcs-camping.ch.

En ce qui concerne les changements ou les annulations des réservations de vos séjours jusqu'au 5 juin 2020 y compris, nous vous prions de prendre contact directement avec le camping respectif.

Nous sommes impatients de vous recevoir très bientôt dans l'un de nos campings. Dans l'intervalle, nous vous souhaitons une excellente santé.

L'équipe TCS Camping

So the sites can open from 6th June, just after the border with Italy opens and a few days before the Austrian, German and French borders fully open (15th June subject to the final clearance on Friday this week).

Things are starting to move !!!

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Swiss campsites were only closed for a short period of time and they have been open for the last 4 weeks. However, they remained open for permanent pitches only. I know as I have one and I get regular updates from the site management team. The site where I have a pitch is still not opening for non residents. The biggest challenge is going to be to get there.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yeah i think it was 4th May for pitch owners and long term renters, we walked by a fishing lake a few weeks back the "resident" campers were all there. The touring pitches were closed though.

ADJF where's your site located ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Yeah i think it was 4th May for pitch owners and long term renters, we walked by a fishing lake a few weeks back the "resident" campers were all there. The touring pitches were closed though.

ADJF where's your site located ?
That's a secret we like it too much to encourage visitors!!!

However, Switzerland is slowly increasing the number of local Aires in its communes, they are providing one or two spaces for the payment of the local tourist tax in the tourist offices. Its becoming more motorhome friendly, as long as you keep under 3.5 tonne

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yep agree, we just need to lower the prices to about half and we may get some visitors (the ones that shop at the border on the way in at least)

We do occasionally wild it here but only in the mountains and only if we eat there or at least shop there, people seem to tolerate that so far. Pitch prices are generally way too high though for us (family of 5 & 2 dogs) can easily be €70-80 p/night in mid season:oops:

We should have been in Locarno this long weekend (Pentecost) but still not quite yet.....

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
That's a secret we like it too much to encourage visitors!!!

However, Switzerland is slowly increasing the number of local Aires in its communes, they are providing one or two spaces for the payment of the local tourist tax in the tourist offices. Its becoming more motorhome friendly, as long as you keep under 3.5 tonne
Arrrrghhh I was getting really excited till you got to last bit😁😁 I don’t mind paying my way in Switzerland, using the app is a breeze to pay your transit dues, a lot blummin easier than Austria🤔😤😤

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes the app makes things much easier for visitors, no faffing around with vignettes at least.

Hopefully we can get some nights away in the van weekend after next so need to start saving:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back