Swift Voyager 540 (2 Viewers)

jollyjack

Free Member
Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hi, Really keen on the Voyager 540. Price looks okay, £70k, but how much discount should I be trying to get from dealer? What would be the best additional options to go for? Looking at tracker and awning to be included. Trying to work out all running costs to work out affordability. Thanks.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Hello and welcome.
I don't know what discount you would get but I would consider some (or all) of the following options.
Alarm/tracker (insurance company may insist)
Spare wheel.
Second battery.
Solar panel.
Awning.
External BBQ point.
Gaslow.

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
We have a Voyager 540 which we bought in May last year. We had a black Thule awning 4m added ( around £1100 if memory serves). Camper UK added an outside bbq point £200, kitchen extension and a USB point in top right hand kitchen cupboard for a Netgear internet. Since then I've added a microwave, had rear air suspension fitted and changed the tyres to 119/121. We did this because when we put her over a weigh bridge (not full of gear) it was just over 3500kgs, so I've now had it up-plated to 4100kgs. Axle weights are ok. There have been changes on the 2024 model which I understand now includes the bbq point and kitchen extension. We love ours and the Ford is brilliant. We have the Gaslow system and I've added a second solar panel. Also changed to Lithium (2) and added a B2B. I changed the solar controller to a Victron to match the B2B. We do not carry a spare wheel firstly because it can't be fitted underneath due to position of fresh water tank and secondly because of the weight. You can not fit a Towbar and this is in the paperwork. There is a Facebook group for Voyager owners which has a host of information. For the alarm/tracker we used Moving Intelligence (Phantom) which we've had on our previous motorhomes. Think that's it but if you need anything else let me know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jollyjack

Free Member
Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Hello and welcome.
I don't know what discount you would get but I would consider some (or all) of the following options.
Alarm/tracker (insurance company may insist)
Spare wheel.
Second battery.
Solar panel.
Awning.
External BBQ point.
Gaslow.
Thanks,
The one I saw had lots of extras included, BBQ point, Ext shower point, solar panel and microwave. Just wondered % of discount you should look for or to get tracker/awning included in price.

OP
OP
J

jollyjack

Free Member
Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
We have a Voyager 540 which we bought in May last year. We had a black Thule awning 4m added ( around £1100 if memory serves). Camper UK added an outside bbq point £200, kitchen extension and a USB point in top right hand kitchen cupboard for a Netgear internet. Since then I've added a microwave, had rear air suspension fitted and changed the tyres to 119/121. We did this because when we put her over a weigh bridge (not full of gear) it was just over 3500kgs, so I've now had it up-plated to 4100kgs. Axle weights are ok. There have been changes on the 2024 model which I understand now includes the bbq point and kitchen extension. We love ours and the Ford is brilliant. We have the Gaslow system and I've added a second solar panel. Also changed to Lithium (2) and added a B2B. I changed the solar controller to a Victron to match the B2B. We do not carry a spare wheel firstly because it can't be fitted underneath due to position of fresh water tank and secondly because of the weight. You can not fit a Towbar and this is in the paperwork. There is a Facebook group for Voyager owners which has a host of information. For the alarm/tracker we used Moving Intelligence (Phantom) which we've had on our previous motorhomes. Think that's it but if you need anything else let me know.
Brilliant info. Thanks

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
Thanks,
The one I saw had lots of extras included, BBQ point, Ext shower point, solar panel and microwave. Just wondered % of discount you should look for or to get tracker/awning included in price.
We couldn't get a discount but at that time there wasn't many available. Not sure if availability has improved but doubt it. You'll have to pay for your own alarm/tracker. Being a Ford insurance companies insist on it.

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
Brilliant info. Thanks
Couple of other points. (Tell me when to stop haha). I've fitted Fiamma Safe Door Locks on the Hab door and both garage doors. Reason being there is a sliding door in the bathroom which gives access to the garage. If someone was to force open your garage door they have easy access to your motorhome. Also had alarm sensors fitted to garage doors by Phantom. Secondly, always use a front screen cover. Quite a few people have had a problem with condensation running down the windscreen and interfering with electrics. Ford know about the problem. We use a screen cover all the time and never had a problem. An engineer made me a draining tray which fits on top of the engine and covers the injectors to protect from water ingress. Again Ford aware of the problem. With this fitted we have never had a problem. I'll stop now

OP
OP
J

jollyjack

Free Member
Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Couple of other points. (Tell me when to stop haha). I've fitted Fiamma Safe Door Locks on the Hab door and both garage doors. Reason being there is a sliding door in the bathroom which gives access to the garage. If someone was to force open your garage door they have easy access to your motorhome. Also had alarm sensors fitted to garage doors by Phantom. Secondly, always use a front screen cover. Quite a few people have had a problem with condensation running down the windscreen and interfering with electrics. Ford know about the problem. We use a screen cover all the time and never had a problem. An engineer made me a draining tray which fits on top of the engine and covers the injectors to protect from water ingress. Again Ford aware of the problem. With this fitted we have never had a problem. I'll stop now
Thanks again, going to work out yearly costs, insurance, service, habitation etc and decide on buying. The vehicle seems brilliant. Great info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

K9Motorhomers

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 19, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 540
Exp
Since 1979
Thanks again, going to work out yearly costs, insurance, service, habitation etc and decide on buying. The vehicle seems brilliant. Great info.
Tax £325 but ours going down to £165 thanks to weight upgrade. Insurance is with Comfort £440. Service at our local Ford dealership is fixed at £295 (first service 2 years or 25000 miles) Hab check around £220

OP
OP
J

jollyjack

Free Member
Feb 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
just looking
Tax £325 but ours going down to £165 thanks to weight upgrade. Insurance is with Comfort £440. Service at our local Ford dealership is fixed at £295 (first service 2 years or 25000 miles) Hab check around £220
I know where to go if purchased! Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back