Swift kontiki heater element (1 Viewer)

stubbskonti22

Free Member
Apr 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Hi, this is for my dads swift kontiki, he has been told his hot water heater element is faulty, unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore and will need a new tank and heater £1000 plus fitting🤔 surely this part must exist either at a breakers or maybe reconditioned. The element on this tank is supposed to be like a band that wraps round the tank rather than pushes into the tank. Could any of you experienced folks help me out. The van is I think 2004 ish

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
Hi, this is for my dads swift kontiki, he has been told his hot water heater element is faulty, unfortunately they don’t make this style anymore and will need a new tank and heater £1000 plus fitting🤔 surely this part must exist either at a breakers or maybe reconditioned. The element on this tank is supposed to be like a band that wraps round the tank rather than pushes into the tank. Could any of you experienced folks help me out. The van is I think 2004 ish
You will need to tell us the make and model of the water heater, a photo would help as well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
I assume it is a Truma C6002E Combi, you can still get the heater collars for them they are about £400. But it could just be a faulty thermal cut out those are about 6 quid.

Probably not worth fitting a new collar just run on gas, every van we have had the Combi boiler has been gas only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

stubbskonti22

Free Member
Apr 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Hi, yes it is a c6002eh truma trumatic combo boiler, where would I source a heater collar? Rarer than hens teeth I assume. Is there a new boiler that is a direct replacement?

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Replacement would be a Truma Combi 6E if you want to retain the electrical element of the system, it will be considerably more expensive than your previous quote and not a straightforward drop in replacement.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If it’s the same as my Truma c3402 which has a rubber belt element, mine stopped working.
I watched YouTube video on fixing the thermal fuse but my thermal fuse was ok, mine was a faulty thermal cutout switch. Replaced that and all’s good. Cost around £6 but most of that was postage cost.
This is element-red arrow
5D29E5CA-8316-46D3-9D87-493EBF3E451E.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back