Free Member
Jan 10, 2021
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Caravaner
Hi all,new member here,I'm thinking of buying a 2018 Escape 694 and was wondering if anyone can tell what to look out for and check before I buy or should I look for a German built one?
Tia
Tony.

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
Looks like a great choice:

DETAILED REVIEW
The Swift Escape has consistently been one of the UK’s most popular motorhome ranges and this Champagne 694, which is based on the corresponding Escape 694, offers loads of extra kit for those looking for a great island bed motorhome from Brownhills.

The Newark-based dealer’s special edition Champagne range has a comprehensive line-up: there are four van conversions, 10 coachbuilts and, new for this year, three compact coachbuilts. All of which, as you might expect, are resplendent in champagne-coloured exterior paint and exclusive extras.

'Champagne' carries an association with luxury and decadence and, by offering plenty of extra spec over the standard Swift range, that’s clearly what Brownhills is going for with its exclusive range.

The Champagne 694, which is one of the new models introduced for the 2019 season, has an island bed layout, although in the wide range you can also find rear lounges, twin single beds and an end washroom, so there’s flexibility here in terms of preference.

There’s variation, too, with the 694 model. If you're looking for a family motorhome, there’s a six berth version, which also boasts a rear-facing fifth travel seat. The extra sleeping accommodation comes in the form of a drop-down double bed (the alternative four berth doesn’t have that drop-down double).

There’s also an automatic option of the 694 if you favour that over manual transmission.

There’s a half-dinette with plush seating, which obviously makes way for a bed when you’ve parked up for the night, but it’s above the habitation door that things really start to get interesting. A seven-inch touch screen control panel above the door includes dimmable lighting, and Swift’s command system, which allows buyers to alter heating and lighting, as well as other functions, via a smartphone app.

The kitchen is efficiently equipped, with three gas burners as well as a combined oven and grill. The inclusion of a fitted microwave – to cater for British motorhomers' expectations – means that you’ve got just about all bases covered when it comes to rustling up a spot of dinner. The sink, meanwhile, comes with a very handy removable draining board, as well as drawers beneath. Practicality should never be underestimated.

The washroom is bright and modern, but it’s in the bedroom where this Champagne model scores extra points.

Here, there is a relaxed and comfortable feel, enhanced by some of the extra elements. Padded surrounds around the bedroom window help to soften the look and there are pleated blinds and flyscreens – much appreciated in the heat of summer – and a concertina screen provides some valued privacy.

As for the bed itself, as is customary with Swift models, it comes with the Duvalite Duvalay mattress, renowned for its comfort. The bed extends too, if required, so a great night’s sleep is guaranteed.

Storage is good, with single wardrobes either side of the bed, as well as side-by-side overhead cupboards. One of the best features in the bedroom, however, is the vanity area near the foot of the bed.

Sitting on the bed, you have a mains point for the use of a hairdryer, hair straighteners or whatever else you might need. It’s a nice touch and, again, adds to the feel of home-from-home comfort.

Now, to that extra spec of the Brownhills’ Champagne Pack, which includes a host of impressive extras, including:

solar panel
reversing sensors
an external BBQ point
DAB radio and satellite navigation,
and a lot more besides.

Lots of reviews and walk around videos on YouTube Good luck.

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
Hi all,new member here,I'm thinking of buying a 2018 Escape 694 and was wondering if anyone can tell what to look out for and check before I buy or should I look for a German built one?
Tia
Tony.
We had a 2020 694 which we rejected its a great Motorhome, loved the layout of the 694 although I found the Garage to be a tad on the small size and with only one opening unlike some of the competition which has two openings. Hate to say it cos i like to fly the flag but Swift are let down by lack of care in assembly, I will not be buying British again.

Rgds CJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I have to say I agree with C33JAY It would probably be OK and every purchase is a risk. But why would you when you could get a German Van for same money. Have you looked and compared.

roadtrip

Free Member
Jun 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift motorhome
We have a Celebration 694. 2018 vintage. Had to do a lot of little finnicky type jobs to make it spot on. We have the island bed option. Loaded with a lot of dealer extras inc solar panel , alloy wheels external BBQ / 230/40 electric point / window in hab door / towbar (optional extra) / black painted cab / dealership graphics / heated water tanks / thule awning / dab / satnav which is pointless as it doesnt allow you to put dimensions in. Cant remember other extras oh special interior upholstery.

roadtrip

Free Member
Jun 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift motorhome
I got sidetracked, I was going to say that I had big reservations on the size of the locker, but after fitting in a Outdoor Rev 6side pop up shelter / 4 big fold up chairs, various tubs / ground sheet / side panels for OR / cleaning stuff / collapsible table x 2 / fire extinguisher / tyre puncture kit / 2k generator / plus more - We were quite surprised. The locker goes along the whole of the rear and is acccessible from under the island bed.
On the whole we are happy with it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back