Swift bolero inner door removal help (1 Viewer)

Rangersmith

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
wales
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 744
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, the lock on my door seems very loose so the other day I took all screws etc off from the inner door cover but was not able to remove it. It seems to be glued on is this normal ? and if so has any one got suggestions on how to get it off.

Thanks

Andrew

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Can you upload one or two pictures. It may help one or two of the more technicaly minded to help you.;)

OP
OP
R

Rangersmith

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
wales
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 744
Exp
Since 2015
I will have to take all the screws etc off to take photos of it will try this weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The door is similar to the door on my van. There's a big screw behind the handle on the inside of the door.

OP
OP
R

Rangersmith

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
wales
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 744
Exp
Since 2015
The door is similar to the door on my van. There's a big screw behind the handle on the inside of the door.
Yes thanks for that I am aware that I have to take this screw out and the grab handle screws, which I did but the inner cover seems to be glued down.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
When I took the inner panel off our AT Hartle hab door to get at the lock it was stuck with a releasable adhesive round the window,gentle persuasion and making sure it was in the correct position when replacing!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have a spare door in the shed and I have just checked, no adhesive on mine.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
On my friends autocruise there are self adhesive pads inside the covers that require warming with a hair dryer to loosen after all screws have been removed ,to actually get the cover to come off.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got exactly same model. There's TWO screws on the open handle - one is inset so deep it's all but invisible and a right b-----d to replace - so mine wasn't!.
Had same problem (loose locks); once I managed to wangle the inner cover off (care, there's also an electrical connection for the doorlock that must be re-connected the right way round) I found that the metal plate that all the gubbins is mounted on was only glued to the foam insulation of the outer door - only mine wasn't if you see what I mean. There is no mechanical fixing so the constant vibration, coupled with the ever increasing need to slam the door, means it unbonds itself. I refixed it with No-Nails although Sikaflex would probably be better. The second time I did it (!) after leaving it to properly go off before re-assembly, I managed to wedge a couple of small pieces of shaped metal bracket behind one of the lock bolts with the other end jammed under the door edging, taking care that there was nothing left proud to interfere with the door closing. (Sorry I'm not taking all those b----y screws out again for a photo!) Seems to have worked, only time will tell, but the locks, including the central locking, all work properly now.

I understand later models had a Hartzel door which for a while was a warranty replacement on the early models - something else I didn't get.

OP
OP
R

Rangersmith

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
wales
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 744
Exp
Since 2015
When I took the inner panel off our AT Hartle hab door to get at the lock it was stuck with a releasable adhesive round the window,gentle persuasion and making sure it was in the correct position when replacing!
Thanks for all your help it was just the adhesive around the window, got it off in the end.

Cheers all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back