May

Rally Swaffham Bash ( formerly Thetford (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Sunday lunch for those that missed the announcement is at 2pm. Bar will be open 1 - 2pm. You need to bring a plate cutlery etc.

Bar will be open 7 to 11 tomorrow evening.

Good night to night. Carol, Martin and Gary did a great job at extremely short notice. And the audience went wild. 🤣

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Thankyou John Jaws and the team for all your organising this weekend. We enjoyed meeting friends new and old and the quiz and auction too. Thanks to those that helped me to escape the quagmire this morning too. We are now safely home

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks John Jaws and all your helpers. Thanks Gaston aires for the quiz everyone involved in the auction and the music. We enjoyed catching up with lots of funsters and the company was great as usual. We made an early getaway as we were worried we wouldn't get off. Thanks to all the mat lenders, the pushers and for the shouts of encouragement. We're now in Harwich and it's sunny. Hope it is with you too.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Fabulous Sunday dinner, thanks to all concerned. Not easy feeding so many peeps quickly, we’ll done :notworthy2: :notworthy2:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to John and family and all his helpers we had a great time at the bash.
We chickened out with the weather and left this morning so sorry if we missed saying goodbye but will see you again in the forthcoming meets.
Heavy rain on the way back through Derby and roads awash with thunder and lightening and a shower of hailstones towards Ashbourne. But would you believe we have sunshine here in sunny Macclesfield. (y)

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks John and family for a great weekend and all of the helpers on the moto-cross event on the way out. The weather was a bit of a downer but the clubhouse meant we could meet up with funsters and help raise funds for the Air Ambulance. Sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye John but once again well done.
Pauline and Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Special Thank You to Jaws, and all the helpers that put their time and effort into this rally. You are wonderful ppl, dedicated your time and effort for such a noble cause. I hope we made a difference for those unfortunate to need the help of the Air Ambulance.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Still here though moving off in the morning, so like others, Rita and I would like to express our many thanks to Jaws John and family, for such a fantastic effort to make sure the Bash went on, despite let downs by others.

Re family health matters John, our thoughts are with you all at this time. GWS Darryl. 👍

All the very best,

Jock & Rita. 🙂

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
A message from another chicken.
Thanks for a great weekend and to all the Jaws family for all the hard work, meanders & Mrs good music as always and Kannon Fodda for parking is up and putting up with the movements when we went out for the day and parked for an hopefully easy getaway.and all the singers

Sorry to sneak off early but that dirty 4 letter word was looming. And getting stuck was not an.option ..even though the pushers showers and cheerers would have helped

Happy travels sorry to all thoughs I did not say hello to or goodbye

See you soon 😊

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Well, we made it all the way back home as a stepping stone to Thorpe-le-Soken.
After any concerns about getting off the field, with 2nd gear & traction control we just sailedup the ramp no problem.
A huge thank you to John (Jaws ) and all your family along with Robin and Hilary meanders,and our stoic marshalls for putting on such a great weekend.
PS. Thanks also to Swaffham RUFC for having us and your great bar staff.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
Thank you John Jaws and your family and the marshalls and everyone who helped with the rally. We've had a really good weekend, the lunch on Sunday was very good and the servers did a brilliant job. We've met and spoken to Funsters we didn't know previously and it was great - and surprisingly easy to get off this morning. Jim and Rosemary

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
A big thank you to John and family, Rob, Robin and Hilary and all the others who contributed to this weekend. I managed to get out under my own steam, thanks perhaps to rear wheel drive and a double wheel axle. Currently sitting in a layby listening to Tony Blackburn, waiting until Chertsey allow admissions :giggle:

Jul 21, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 294
Exp
Since 1980's
Thanks for another great Swaffham rally. Sunday lunch was delicious. Wonderful fundraiser for the Air Ambulance.
Special thanks to those of you that gave us a push - else we'd still be there lol.
Good to meet up with old and new friends.

Pauline & Merv (and Fly the border collie)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back