Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
You need to book a site as its all full up,
Link Removed
Just found the site we used last year. Its a parkland setting within the city boundary,with a bus service into the city for £1.50 ish every fifteen minutes from right outside the gate. Hopefully we will be back again this year for a few days,as we just enjoy the whole festival experience, you can choose to do as much or little as you wish, but I guarantee you'll enjoy the place.

Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Having done a lot of touring on a motorbike over the years, covered a lot of Europe, USA, Morocco etc, if I could only ever visit one other country again, it would be Scotland :) Love the place, especially the West Highlands, beautiful.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I find it enormously weird when people say they don't like France - it's so bloody huge, and every bit is different so if you don't like one bit, just move to another.

People rave about places I hate and vice versa - it would be exceedingly odd if we all liked the same things wouldn't it - like Stepford wives !

I spose you can decide you are not going to like somewhere before you get there and you probably wouldn't in that case, but if you truly are open minded (and I like to think I am but am probably not LOL) you can usually find something to like about anywhere.

And I think the best plan for everyone other than Jaws and Mo, is to follow them round wherever they go - but DO make sure they always arrive before you. Then if anyone 'in charge' has a mind to be obstreperous that day, they'll get over it with Jaws and leave the rest of us to have a wonderful time!

LOL !!
My dislike of France is of course a generalisation
We love the people, love the food, but always seem to end up coming home feeling that we have not been anywhere.. Hard to explain really.
We toured France two years running.. In all that time I can honestly say there was only two sites we enjoyed visiting..
Like I say.. France just sort of leaves us feeling a bit 'flat'

Would love to go Island hoping but when we are fully freighted we are 42ft long.. ferries tend to get a tad expensive !

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
end up coming home feeling that we have not been anywhere.. Hard to explain really.

Strange that, we feel quite the same. We love going through it, we've stayed in some grand places but somehow there is a bit of excitement missing.

Chamonix has to be seen before dieing.
The Med coast lovely.
Paris a great city.
The roads a pleasure to drive.

But Pisa, Florence, Sorrento just fills me with joy. The style, the colours, the buildings, the piazzas they light up the senses. The roads, exciting, dangerous.

Switzerland, nothing beats a mountain top with the only sound the cow bells and the views.

England, in the summer, over crowded, over priced, not enough pitches, full of English.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Give wales another try most of us are very nice .

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK,,,, so we ( woman and I ) have spoken a bit now...
Looks like we will start in Scotland
Edinburgh first (but not during the festival as the timing would mess up the rest of the proposed trip unfortunately )
Then across and up to Loch Ness ( just for the crack ! )
After that, drop back down and take in the lack district a bit
Then round to the west coast of Wales ..
Then on to Paul's bash and on again to Malvern
After that, if we aint had enough, down to the south coast.
We will not take the car on the back but instead one of the motorbikes as it will give us easier access to some places
Proly be the Honda 90 ( unless I sell it and get something a bit bigger.. Woman wants to go bigger but I LOVE the little Honda and it did us real proud last summer in Germany Italy Croatia etc etc

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sounds like a plan!
Have a great summer trip.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

Maybe you have already been.....but North Yorkshire moors as well as the coast are well worth a visit especially Whitby and surrounding area . Also Northumberland and the Borders are our favourite places . We live in North Yorkshire so cannot recommend any sites since we have no reason to stay in them We love the area and spend a lot of time exploring and walking in the lovely moors and villages. Usually ending up in a country pub sampling the local cuisine .

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
While in Scotland you could look at the possibility of visiting the isle of Arran. Since the Road Equivalent Traffic scheme was brought in a few months ago the prices have been greatly reduced.
If you go make sure you visit the butchers in Blackwaterfoot. Fabulous black pudding.

The RET is being rolled out on many more islands in October so next year there will be lots of islands to visit.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
OK,,,, so we ( woman and I ) have spoken a bit now...
Looks like we will start in Scotland
Edinburgh first (but not during the festival as the timing would mess up the rest of the proposed trip unfortunately )
Then across and up to Loch Ness ( just for the crack ! )
After that, drop back down and take in the lack district a bit
Then round to the west coast of Wales ..
Then on to Paul's bash and on again to Malvern
After that, if we aint had enough, down to the south coast.
We will not take the car on the back but instead one of the motorbikes as it will give us easier access to some places
Proly be the Honda 90 ( unless I sell it and get something a bit bigger.. Woman wants to go bigger but I LOVE the little Honda and it did us real proud last summer in Germany Italy Croatia etc etc
There's nothing lacking about the Lake District :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi

Maybe you have already been.....but North Yorkshire moors as well as the coast are well worth a visit especially Whitby and surrounding area . Also Northumberland and the Borders are our favourite places . We live in North Yorkshire so cannot recommend any sites since we have no reason to stay in them We love the area and spend a lot of time exploring and walking in the lovely moors and villages. Usually ending up in a country pub sampling the local cuisine .

Yes.. we did that 18 months ago.. Had a good trip too ( apart from having to end it early due to a trapped nerve or two in my neck and having to come home early !! )

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
best laid plans of mice and men and all that !!
I completely forgot we are doing a run on the bikes to the Lake Garda area at some point..
Just got the dates and we will be gone from about Saturday the 25th of July till Tuesday the 4th of August..
But it is not that bad really.
We can leave in the MH for the summer run on the 5th or 6th of August and Maureen has just said she would like to visit one of her sisters who lives in Cornwall..
So we will make a beeline for there first, then Malvern show, and straight from there to Wrenbury..
After that we will head north ending up at Loch Ness, then work our way back down taking in Edinburgh for a few days
Seems we have a plan !!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
On your way down from Edinburgh stop off in Northumberland.Seahouses has a few small sites within walking distance.great beaches.A trip out to the Farne Islands.Or take a trip across to Lindesfarne if the tide is right.Then there's Craster for the smokeys.And Alnwick Castle is worth a visit with designated motorhome parking.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Northumberland
Bellingham
nice site, good country walks, local shops & pubs, if you're lucky you'll coincide with an 'event' - eg we accidentally managed to hit on a coach-&-boat trip to the Farnes

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back