Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi There Rugrats MHer’s
I’ve just had the Strikeback growler alarm fitted and although Ashley gave me comprehensive instructions on how to use it, you might say it went in one ear and straight out of the other.
Now although I’ve read the instructions since two questions come up which do not seem to be explained in the manual, or perhaps I’m missing it.
First one is, I’m sure Ashley told me you could dim the flashing blue lights down a bit if you want, The second is, I have three switches on the dash, one with a blue led one with a red led and a plain rocker switch.
The blue one for the alarm the red for the internal sensors and the plain rocker for the loop.
If I remember correctly Ashley told me the switch with the red led switches off the internal sensors, is that correct, if so why can’t I just turn off the switch when I habitat the MH? Rather than set what is called in the manual “sleep mode”.
I'm sure all you Strikeback owners will know these simple questions.
Best Wishes Tony

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
I had similar forgetfulness with my Growler and so contacted Eddies team who refreshed my memory and I wrote it down.

This is how it looks in mine:

Blue button is for LED brightness. Down position means the LEds are bright and the blue light on the button is on

Red button is for internal sounder. In the down position the red light on the button is on and the internal sounder is on

The third switch switches the bike loop on and off. Down is on (I.e it's included in the circuit, up is off.

The above makes sense to me hope it does to you!

Someone will no doubt be along to help on the sleep mode situation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Thanks you chaps it's nice to have a simple thread now and then.
Best Wishes Tony

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
There was a thread on this recently and I asked about a dimming function. ..
if I remember rightly it's as nick says...the 3rd switch with the blue light that dims the led''s.
The red one isolates the internal sounders and the plain rocker is for the external loop.
Andy

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We can drift it on to A-frames if you want (y)
Bike loop looped around the A frame is useful at motorway service stations. Personally, we always have one of us in the Moho at all times when parked there.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I do feel for the van bits folks sometimes , just from reading the above .

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We can drift it on to A-frames if you want (y)

Or a black waste diversion, but sill relevant is that I find emptying the cassette contents all over the inside of the van really is an intruder deterrent ....(y)

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
. . . you might say it went in one ear and straight out of the other.

D82C39ED-8C3E-4672-AFED-A0696692EF97.jpeg

These are my ears.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Regarding the internal sensors - setting night mode using the fob (two sets of three beeps) disables the internal motion sensor, so you can alarm the perimeter but won't set it off by moving around inside the van or leaving a pet inside when you go out.

If the alarm is triggered, all of the sirens, internal and external, will activate by default. Switching off the red rocker switch means that the internal sounder will be disabled and only the external ones will activate - useful if you are in the van or have left a pet inside that might be distressed by the noise.

Then again, if you really want to be sure of waking up and leaving a head shaped depression in the van roof...

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
The three switches are as explained except for the red led one. You switch off the internal sirens with that switch and not the internal sensors. To disable the internal sensor in night mode or if you are leaving your dog in the van with the alarm set you need to go through the arming sequence of A,B,B on the alarm fob. HTH(y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@eddievanbitz may need to update their instructions?

He can't ... too busy blogging about outdoor grill's.....:)

The three switches are as explained except for the red led one. You switch off the internal sirens with that switch and not the internal sensors. To disable the internal sensor in night mode or if you are leaving your dog in the van with the alarm set you need to go through the arming sequence of A,B,B on the alarm fob. HTH(y)

Strikeback has a battery backup siren in the engine bay which when the system is armed will still continue to make a noise if the cabling to the siren is cut or the power disconnected. also has 2 additional sirens behind the dash and another 2 sirens under the floor at the rear of your motorhome. The isolation switch with a red LED next to the accessory protection switch, enables you to turn off the internal sirens if required. When the LED is on the sirens will sound if the alarm is triggered.

One of the downloads from our FAQ's

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I may be paranoid but I've just thought, is it a good idea to publish details of how our Alarm systems work, or publish the instructions on a forum that can be accessed by anyone? Anyone who has a system fitted will have been given written instructions as well as the verbal instruction, and I am sure Vanbitz would send a new set to anyone who has lost them

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I may be paranoid but I've just thought, is it a good idea to publish details of how our Alarm systems work, or publish the instructions on a forum that can be accessed by anyone? Anyone who has a system fitted will have been given written instructions as well as the verbal instruction, and I am sure Vanbitz would send a new set to anyone who has lost them

Yes @Mr Chrysalis I think you might be a bit paranoid, even if a person knew how these alarms work they still could not get past them without setting the system off as long as it was set correctly, and I would say that if they knew what protection strikeback Growler affords you by reading the instructions then they might just go and attack someone elses MH who did not have the forthought to install this wonderfull system. So I say let them know how this alarm works and try to get past it if you dare. (y)
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
As my questions could not be answered by reading the instructions
perhaps it might be prudent to add these embellishments to the instruction manual just to cover simple questions which could have been answered by the inclusion of the small list below.
The switches for the alarm on the dashboard are for

1) Switch with blue LED / to dim the outside LED when the alarm is activated.

2) Switch with the Red LED / to switch off the internal siren (but not for use when habited ie sleep mode)

3) Switch without LED (if fitted) to switch off the outside loop system

I'm still unsure when you would use the switch for the internal siren as when you are in "sleep mode" the siren is deactivated anyway, and if leaving a dog or cat in there that is the mode you set it to, I think.
again I might be missing something.
Best Wishes Tony

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
As my questions could not be answered by reading the instructions
perhaps it might be prudent to add these embellishments to the instruction manual just to cover simple questions which could have been answered by the inclusion of the small list below.
The switches for the alarm on the dashboard are for

1) Switch with blue LED / to dim the outside LED when the alarm is activated.

2) Switch with the Red LED / to switch off the internal siren (but not for use when habited ie sleep mode)

3) Switch without LED (if fitted) to switch off the outside loop system

I'm still unsure when you would use the switch for the internal siren as when you are in "sleep mode" the siren is deactivated anyway, and if leaving a dog or cat in there that is the mode you set it to, I think.
Best Wishes Tony
Yes Tony, you're probably right about my paranoia but Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you! I think that the red switch might come into use if you had to use the emergency override procedure (section 8). The internal alarm is really deafening ( possibly literally so) if you are inside the van where the emergency override is, and that procedure would take some seconds to do. Turning off the internal siren would reduce the noise level a bit and help you concentrate.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We are happy to discuss anyones bespoke installation with them when they forget, advising them what they wanted lol

Does that keep everyone happy? LOL

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Best Wishes Tony

You are missing the distinction that sleep mode disables the internal motion sensor but does not disable the internal siren. You need to use the red rocker switch to enable or disable the siren.

As for paranoia, anyone who knows how to use a search engine can find the full instructions on the Vanbitz website, so repeating them here isn't exactly letting the cat out of the box.

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
You are missing the distinction that sleep mode disables the internal motion sensor but does not disable the internal siren. You need to use the red rocker switch to enable or disable the siren.
Hi @Deneb yes that makes sense thanks for that, (y)
Best Wishes Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back