Strange voltage reading (1 Viewer)

Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
The motor battery on our Hymer continuously shows 11.5 volts on the digital display in the habitation area when we're parked up so I've checked the battery several times with my Fluke meter and it shows 12.5 volts under no load. The true reading is exactly 1 volt error on the display. How could this be?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I suggest that the instruments are not accurate, not uncommon. I would trust the reading from the Fluke, they are pretty solid meters. However, when the panel is on that, in itself, is a load. Mine reads 0.15A when everything is 'off'. I do have a solar panel so I have no idea what it would read with no input.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The motor battery on our Hymer continuously shows 11.5 volts on the digital display in the habitation area when we're parked up so I've checked the battery several times with my Fluk.e meter and it shows 12.5 volts under no load. The true reading is exactly 1 volt error on the display. How could this be?
Panel meters are only an indication very seldom are the a true / correct reading
Assume that the cheap and cheerful meter is always 1 volt out

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jofang
Dec 1, 2020
Brassempouy, south west France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B878 SL
Exp
Since Feb 2020
Our Hymer is a 2016 model so no CBE panel. We have the black horizontal strip where you twirl the control knob view the various information. Reading exactly 1 volt less than the system should is not a problem as long as the error will remain constant at 1 volt.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back