Stowford Campsite Coombe Martin (1 Viewer)

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Wildman, any info on this site I think it is in your neck of the woods
Lin

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Been there nice but big and busy site.

You pay to use any facility.

Wouldn't wish to be there with this weather though

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Wildman, any info on this site I think it is in your neck of the woods
Lin

Hi Lindy what in particular do you wish to know, and what are you looking for in a site there is Hidden valley not too far away as well
sorry for the delay, you should have PM me or cought me in the chat room, am there every night

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lindyloot

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Hi Lindy what in particular do you wish to know, and what are you looking for in a site there is Hidden valley not too far away as well
sorry for the delay, you should have PM me or cought me in the chat room, am there every night

Hi looking for somewhere to stay over christmas. Needs to be dog friendly( possibly cat s as well) with easy acess to walks ( as we will not have any transport other than MH only a small motor bike or bicycle) acess to site and site itself suitable for a large MH. If no EUH use of generator permitted.
Lin

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Lindy, not checked out Stowford yet but they have an open day/barbecue 20/21 September so will report back after that. In the meantime. Try Hidden valley below
5 Star Touring Park for Caravans & Motorhomes
This site is situated between Ilfracombe (abt 4 miles) and Barnstaple, (approx 8miles)in opposite directions, with a small motorcycle, there is easy access to both, on bus route anyway. Good walks within the site. Cantact member "Tompyn", they stayed there three days with a dog and can advise first hand on quality of facilities, good walks within the site for the dog. Other walks just a short hop away, Braunton sands not too far, also the tarka trail
Tarka Trail

for cycling or walking, from Braunton you can cycle through to Barnstaple and on to Torrington, then Meeth should you feel so energetic. Will report back on Stowford after we have been there.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I spent a week at Hidden Valley in July, one of the cleanest sites I have been on. Its a bit far out if you want the Beach, also the pitches closest to the road get a lot of traffic noise and I dont think you would get an RV down to the lower levels. It is a very nice site though.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back