Storage solution (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Many of the things in our motorhome garage fold down flattish and are rectangular in shape, like tables, chairs, windscreen silver cover, mats for the awning, bodyboards etc . Finding a storage solution for those shapes makes the garage a lot easier to load and unload.

So we bought a light aluminium bike stand and it fits the bill perfectly. Everything slots into to the grooves and can be removed easily. If we stay anywhere longer than a couple of days, we bring it out, peg it to the ground and use it to keep the bikes upright, so you don’t have to keep putting them back on the rack or leaning them against trees etc. Win win.

Here’s a photo of the garage partly filled.
B43B5C8F-4415-40A6-AFE2-62B87C7D555D.jpeg

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Saw these in Aldi great idea (y)
Thanks Paul. It’s worked well for us. When we were in Croatia last year, I stupidly came back from a shop with some bread and leant the bike against the side of the van. Needless to say it fell over and made a small mark in the paintwork. Will never do that again. They fit nicely in the bike rack once it’s pegged down. :D

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
@Makingtrax congrats, Liking the idea also, but cannot see enough of the Rack, can anyone find a stand alone picture please.
I have been all over the place on Google looking at Aldi Cycle Racks but cannot find anything that would do the job.
Thanks
Les

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
@Makingtrax congrats, Liking the idea also, but cannot see enough of the Rack, can anyone find a stand alone picture please.
I have been all over the place on Google looking at Aldi Cycle Racks but cannot find anything that would do the job.
Thanks
Les
https://goo.gl/images/MQshz1
Looks exactly the same as these £16.99

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks @Paul and Kate thats looks great and very practical.
Question is as with all these Aldi/Lidle deals, are they still available, or have I missed the boat yet again?:(
Les

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks
Les
Sorry for the late reply. We got ours from Amazon. You can get whatever width you like. Here’s the link.
Hope that helps :)

Amazon product ASIN B01DKWQOXQ

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks @Makingtrax looking at Amazon Link now, plenty of choices as per size etc , reading the good reviews, pricing is great also.
They are made of galvanised steel tubing, but no mention of weights for each size found yet, guess they will be quite heavy to support the bikes, will see if I can ask the sellers that question.
Les

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
From the picture with the dimensions it looks like they may also take the van spare wheel/tyre in the large gap between the bike wheel guides.
Cheers
Ed
Great idea :) another reason for getting one :)
Thanks
Les

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks @Makingtrax looking at Amazon Link now, plenty of choices as per size etc , reading the good reviews, pricing is great also.
They are made of galvanised steel tubing, but no mention of weights for each size found yet, guess they will be quite heavy to support the bikes, will see if I can ask the sellers that question.
Les
It’s quite light that’s why I use some pegs to bang it down tight when we’re camped.:)

There ‘s some holes that you can use to bolt it to the floor if it was a permanent fixture in a garage.

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
From the picture with the dimensions it looks like they may also take the van spare wheel/tyre in the large gap between the bike wheel guides.
Cheers
Ed
The larger gaps are actually handy, I get two folding armchair/camp chairs in one of those gaps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back