Free Member
Sep 4, 2009
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper
Exp
Returning after break
hi, just us again, we have another minor issue with the van. The step comes down but needs assistance on the way up. The motor works well but the cog on the motor is worn. Can the cog be obtained and replaced or do we need to buy the whole motor. The cog can be removed quite easily, but knowing where to obtain a new cog is the problem, is it a common size off another motor please. The motor is just like a window winder motor off an old ford car, but the cogs are different. Any ideas please.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you get no luck in being able to buy just the cog see if there is anywhere than do a 3-d print scan of the old one, adding back in the warn teeth, then print a new one, would be cheaper than buying the whole motor I should think.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
If it's an Omnistor step then spares are available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Mine needs assistance when crud from the front wheel clogs it up... its in direct firing line...

It may just require a good clean and grease ;)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I managed to fill mine with soil after we took a shortcut. Finished up taking it off. Taking it to bits using a drill and cleaning it all out then reassembling using new pop rivets. Now I am more careful.

You should be able to get new parts if it’s not to old.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You can often get away with taking the cog off and putting it back on in a different position.
There are quite a few companies that will make a new cog from your exesisting one, just do a bit of Googling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back