Pow210

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Drumnadrochit
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil starline b640
Exp
Hi the step alarm on my Hymer Starline B640 2002 lhd does not work, I have cleaned terminals and push switch under step so I am assuming that buzzer needs replaced bought new one at the factory and they said it was under drivers seat, I can’t find any sign. Any help would be much appreciated.

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi similar problem ,step retracts and extends ok I have taken off the shroud to expose the switch underneath the step
The contacts are clean.Should this switch operate the warning buzzer as our does not.
Ours is a hymer Eriba on a Ford chassis

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The buzzer is a small white cube (15 mm x 10 mm approx) and it should be stuck to the metal seat base housing next to the EBL. It may well have fallen off, mine did a few years ago. Once detached, there is no ‘sounding box’ to amplify the sound and it becomes virtually inaudible. I stuck mine back with double-sided carpet tape and all was well. Later, when I was doing some rewiring work to the EBL, I added a very thin self-tapper to prevent the buzzer falling off again.
Be warned, the seat is very heavy and you will probably have to remove it to find the buzzer unless you are lucky enough to feel for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

emo

Free Member
Oct 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Bursner lyseo
Exp
Since2015
Hi all thanks for your replys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun