Stellplatz with a pup tent (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Does anyone know if you can put a pup tent up when staying at a stellplatz ... ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does anyone know if you can put a pup tent up when staying at a stellplatz ... ?
Not usually as they are meant for motorhomes only and you're not meant to put any 'camping' stuff outside ... don't think you could easily disguise or hide a tent!

If you don't have enough berths is easy enough to put a camping mattress on the floor for someone ... just remember they are there if you get up in the night! :LOL:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Stellplatz are different to Aires in that they often have grass next to hardstanding for you to put out table and chairs. Not sure about pup tents though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
You'll often see signs at the entrance to a stellplatz prohibiting both caravans & tents.

Pete

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Knowing German folks, they will soon let you know if you're not supposed to have a tent! :)

Mick

OP
OP
Grianan
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Not usually as they are meant for motorhomes only and you're not meant to put any 'camping' stuff outside ... don't think you could easily disguise or hide a tent!

If you don't have enough berths is easy enough to put a camping mattress on the floor for someone ... just remember they are there if you get up in the night! :LOL:

We have a Campscout with 3rd bed kit. Luckily it’s on the other side of the bathroom. Our 3rd person will only be with us 1/2 the time so I was sneakily wondering if we could avoid taking it :LOL:. Looks like we’ll need it but I’ll put the tent in too, in case we stay on campsites some nights.

Thanks folks!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have a Campscout with 3rd bed kit. Luckily it’s on the other side of the bathroom. Our 3rd person will only be with us 1/2 the time so I was sneakily wondering if we could avoid taking it :LOL:. Looks like we’ll need it but I’ll put the tent in too, in case we stay on campsites some nights.

Thanks folks!
You might be able to just use the dinette seat/table/passenger seat swivelled round to create a bed, rather than take the 'kit' ... give it a go!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
do what the french do pop up tent erected after dark between two vans with blow up mattres down first thing in the morning .Close ?it was under our bike rack

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back