Jun 5, 2020
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Bavaria I740
Exp
Since June 2020
Hi Funsters,

Debi & I are off on our first European adventure to Belgium & France for the last 2 weeks in June, amongst other places I've pre booked is the Camping de Paris site (see the snip below) for a couple of nights. Has anyone stayed here before? Any advice on the roads / route in would be welcome - we'll be approaching Paris from the East (hoping to stay somewhere around Reims / Champagne area the night before) so do we go around Paris to the North or the South to reach the site?
Any info / advice gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Gaz

1680736343638.png

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We've stayed there 3 times, lovely site. The shuttle into Port Maillot is invaluable, you can walk to the Arc de Triomphe from it's drop off point.

Can't help with the route from the east but I will say take it slowly and watch the signs while driving in. Our sat nav got it wrong once and we ended up in a residential street having to get help from a café owner to turn round :rollingeyes:

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
We've stayed there half a dozen times, it is ideal for visiting Paris. As well as the shuttle there are a few buses close by, a nice way of gazing at Paris as you travel into the centre.

As far as your route is concerned, how you get on will depend on the time of day, all the roads will be slow at peak times so try and time your arrival to be, say, early afternoon, or after the evening rush. Weekends are, of course, a lot quieter and easier.

It makes sense to go anti-clockwise, and go along the north side of the Seine leaving the main road just after Saint-Denis, following the river on your left. Cross the river at around La Defense, or if you prefer the next bridge after that, and continue SW along the river on its opposite bank to the site.

An alternative is to continue anti-clockwise to around Nanterre and come in via the A14.

Both those will be clear when you look at the map.

It would be a bad thought to take more direct routes!

Hope that helps you.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve stayed there ideal base for exploring Paris .What suprised us is paris doesnt realy have a center all the major attractions are scattered around the city.

May 31, 2020
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Pilote evidence 740
Exp
It's a nice site ,excellent for visiting Paris.... but if your tempted to walk thru the Bois de bologna then be careful.... don't walk thru it in the dark!!! It's very dangerous. The town on the west of the site ,surenes, is nice .... has a good market on at weekends

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Echo the previous posts, it´s a nice but not always quite site, cycle and e-scooter distance into the city, did do the park in the dark on the way back but that was bad planning and too long over dinner...
Did a little circuit from the camping of: Arc de T, Champs elysee, Louvere, Eifel Tower and back round to the camping...

Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
I drove from Eperney to Disney Land Paris just over a week ago. If you put Epernay and Camping De Paris into google maps directions you will see the route we took (obviously we turned right off the A4 before you will).
There is a really nice looking aire in Epernay but it only holds 6 and was full when we were there. We saw 4 other motorhomes fail to stop there while we turned around. There's a municipal campsite about 1km from the avenue de champagne but this wasn't open when we were there (I think it opens late April). Couldn't find a car park without a height barrier so we parked near the avenue, walked up and down the street went into a few of the champagne houses. Did a tasting etc. We couldn't find anywhere to stay so we decided to move on. However as we drove from the Ave De Champagne onto the D3 (basically driving through the town heading to Paris) I saw some Motorhome parking signs. I couldn't work out if there was an actual car park or the signs were suggesting you park overnight on the side of the road, so this maybe an option. We saw quite a few motorhomes driving around the town so they must have parked up somewhere local but we couldn't find it.
We left Epernay around 6pm. I was just following the Sat Nav, it was a fantastic drive. You drive along the river for a bit. I had no idea about the massive statue on the hill at Châtillon-sur-Marne - we regretted not stopping there for 5 minutes to get close to it but the route drives right past it. Then you drive country roads before joining the A4. I would do this again but hopefully with somewhere to stay.
Sorry I cannot give you anything on actually driving into the Paris campsite. I would be interested to hear how you get on. Have a good trip.

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008

Camping Sandaya Paris Maisons-Laffitte​

We stayed here for the first time last year after always using the one in Bois de Boulogne. Much, much better, cheaper, no messing with the bus and then metro. It's just a ten minute walk to the town with good choice of restaurants and the station and then one train into Paris centre.

Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020

We stayed here for the first time last year after always using the one in Bois de Boulogne. Much, much better, cheaper, no messing with the bus and then metro. It's just a ten minute walk to the town with good choice of restaurants and the station and then one train into Paris centre.
We can second this. Excellent and cheaper. Nice pool too, when the kids aren’t there.

OP
OP
Gaz n Debz
Jun 5, 2020
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Bavaria I740
Exp
Since June 2020

Thanks for the information - it maybe one for next time as we're all paid up for Camping de Paris (yes it was expensive for 2 nights!!!), so don't want to faff around and cancel and rebook somewhere else now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: BDM

BDM

Aug 17, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks for the information - it maybe one for next time as we're all paid up for Camping de Paris (yes it was expensive for 2 nights!!!), so don't want to faff around and cancel and rebook somewhere else now.
B de B is fine and if I hadn’t found the other one I would be going back there. Enjoy your trip!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back