Exp
Since2008
Hi every body

I own a 1995 Autsleeper Harmony

Anyone got any idea where the split charger relay is positioned

Leisure battery not taking charge

I have checked fuses so I guess the relay has packed up

Dont even know what it looks like

The fridge runs on 12 volt when engine is running but I asume it has its own relay seperate to the charger relay

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Eddie's Battery Master works and is much easier to fit than I expected. There are others available from RoadPro.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Possibly under the bonnet clipped to the bulkhead near the starter battery.
It will be a one inch square plastic box, red, black or grey in colour with 4 spade terminals

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
under the drivers seat next to the leisure battery probably unless it is a Ford
If it is a 1995 van, starter battery probably not under seat but under bonnet. Again relay will be close to it, probably obviously not a factory fit part just hung on a clip with black sticky tape round the leads.

OP
OP
N

Normanmunns

Free Member
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Harmony
Exp
Since2008
Just checked voltage at leisure battery terminals (with leisure battery disconnected ) and the reading is 12.6 volts at engine tickover.
The voltage accross the vehicle battery is 13.6 volts
i seem to be losing a volt somewhere
Any ideas or is this normal ?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If the battery is disconnected you can't lose any volts as volt drop is relative to the current flowing. There must be something else on the same circuit drawing current.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Just checked voltage at leisure battery terminals (with leisure battery disconnected ) and the reading is 12.6 volts at engine tickover.
The voltage accross the vehicle battery is 13.6 volts
i seem to be losing a volt somewhere
Any ideas or is this normal ?
Of course the leisure battery will be different from the starter battery if the engine is running and the leisure battery is disconnected. What is important is the voltage on each battery when the engine is running. 13.6v seems a little low with the engine running, I would expect it to be nearer 14.25v.

To get a true reading of a recently charged battery you need to apply a load for a few minutes to remove the surface charge.

1, Turn on all the interior lights for five minutes, turn lights off then read leisure battery voltage.

2, With engine not running, turn on the headlamps for five minutes, then turn headlights off and read starter battery voltage.

3. Now start engine and run for five minutes, with engine running check voltage of both batteries.

They should be very close to each other with the engine running, although the leisure battery will be a little lower than the starter battery. Use the same voltmeter when checking, do not rely on vehicle voltmeters.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back