Spending half the year in Spain/Portugal (1 Viewer)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
As far as I understand it there's a 25% reduction in council tax payable if the occupancy of said home is reduced to one person, this was the case in West Sussex up until we left in June 2014 & is the case here in Wales presently

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
There you go Toe toe,
That's 25% off the Council Tax bill if one of you can get another address. (I feel sure the Council will want an address),. They won't just accept what you say, unless, of course you do what loads of people said to me for 30yrs when asking them a 'Sticky' question, ie "Don't know" or worse, "No Comment"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you get 25%discount on council tax if you live alone here in cornwall as well.
friends can stay the night but not live here all the year.
i did used to only pay 6 months tax but it meant moving furniture out etc and dismantling beds etc . i decided it was too much hassle .

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
I haven't gone into it (as it doesn't apply to us) But, whilst I understand that you can't weedle out of the Council Tax, could it not be that one of you ceases to be in occupation of that house, (by moving in, on paper, to another house) thereby reducing the number of occupants to one, (presumably) and therefore attracting a discount on your Council Tax liability. I understand that a single occupant of a residence receives a discount of 30% or thereabouts.
It's not as if the Council could accuse you of cheating the system. There's NO ONE living at the house, let alone more than one.
Just saying
No need to even pretend to move out. Apparently the discount also applies if one of you is "severely mentally impaired". Just an idea........ :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back