Spanish motorhome insurance (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Probably for the Spanish based funsters.
Just relocated to Spain and we now have our residencia.
Need to insure my Swift (4250 GVW) which is now on Spanish plates.
Just got a eyewatering quote from Liberty.
Any ideas?
Based Costa Blanc's North.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I'd use an insurance broker. Works for you access to 00'sof companies.
Bear in mind any vehicle insurance is dear here.
A 15k new van cost me 700e with 26years ncb.
Mpvs, 500e
This transit ,480e now changed to camper van =450e and that's with44 years now.

I'm With Axa, also used Allianz, Generali. There is also Ibex and someone else that begins with A in Gibraltar?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Been with Alliance for 18 years....not the cheapest, but the cover is good...12 month green card....breakdown....medical etc....on one occasion I was hospitalised in Northern Spain, unable to drive...they arranged an ambulance with a nurse for the 6 hour return journey home.....offered to have motorhome returned with driver....we had friends with us who drove it back....great service...

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
Probably for the Spanish based funsters.
Just relocated to Spain and we now have our residencia.
Need to insure my Swift (4250 GVW) which is now on Spanish plates.
Just got a eyewatering quote from Liberty.
Any ideas?
Based Costa Blanc's North.
I have never been disappointed with Linea Directa. They have always been reasonable. Give them a go !

OP
OP
rico
Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Thanks for all the info.
Looks like I will be busy on the phone
Let's hope it will be under 2000 Euro(Liberty)!!!

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
I’m baffled with your quote from Liberty Seguros. We’ve never been able to beat them on our Knaus, fully comprehensive with a 600 euro excess, protected bonus, annual green card, full breakdown and repatriation etc. 510 euros per annum.

maybe have a word with a different Liberty agent. If you want to PM me I’ll give you details of our agent.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are with Liberty Seguros it's about €480 it's the vehicle insured anyone over 25 and full 12 months green card and recovery, and it's almost 4 years old, we have shopped around, but we like this broker's and get on well, we started with another broker but never like them, always a cock up on the paperwork and cost more even though it was the same insurance company, we also insure the car and apartment with them. 😁
But the road tax is cheap, we are only 3500kg and in Javea 🙂 .

Have they loaded it because it's over 3500kg or could be RHD doing it, 😲 seems very expensive. 🤔 Bob.

We have friends use these https://www.dragoninsure.com/

OP
OP
rico
Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Our motorhome is an export model from Swift so is LHD but over 3500.
I know this will load it as it is in the heavier category for the recovery side.
It wasn't listed on the database and the broker had to submit details including photos to Liberty
I must admit that they seemed not to have any knowledge of motorhomes so maybe that's the problem.
We have the car insured through them and were happy with the service provided at that time.
However it has to be competitive.

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
You could also try Zalba Caldu online, we used them for years. Currently with Liberty Seguros, €604.
I have never been disappointed with Linea Directa. They have always been reasonable. Give them a go !
Don´t think they insure motorhomes.

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
You could also try Zalba Caldu online, we used them for years. Currently with Liberty Seguros, €604.

Don´t think they insure motorhomes.
Yes you are right. L.D do not insure MH. I just called them because I am collecting my MH next week and wanted it covered. Incidentally what cover do you get with Zalba Caldu? Do they speak English? Thank you for your help. (y)

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Yes you are right. L.D do not insure MH. I just called them because I am collecting my MH next week and wanted it covered. Incidentally what cover do you get with Zalba Caldu? Do they speak English? Thank you for your help. (y)
Fully comp cover, but unfortunately they don´t speak English - but Google translate makes filling in the forms and answering emails relatively easy(y)

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
Fully comp cover, but unfortunately they don´t speak English - but Google translate makes filling in the forms and answering emails relatively easy(y)
Thank you. I have contacted them and I am waiting for the quote. Does your MH come with a satellite dish? I would like one to be fitted on my MH? Can you recommend anyone between Valencia and Alicante? Thanks.

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Thank you. I have contacted them and I am waiting for the quote. Does your MH come with a satellite dish? I would like one to be fitted on my MH? Can you recommend anyone between Valencia and Alicante? Thanks.
No, we haven´t got a satellite dish, we seldom watch TV in the motorhome; when we do we use our Movistar 4g router taken from home and watch via the internet.
I´m afraid I don´t know anyone in this area (between Valencia and Alicante) that I would trust anywhere near my motorhome, I wish I did. Our Rapido is due its 2nd cam belt change this year, but Dave Newell is not going to be an option this time round!

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
No, we haven´t got a satellite dish, we seldom watch TV in the motorhome; when we do we use our Movistar 4g router taken from home and watch via the internet.
I´m afraid I don´t know anyone in this area (between Valencia and Alicante) that I would trust anywhere near my motorhome, I wish I did. Our Rapido is due its 2nd cam belt change this year, but Dave Newell is not going to be an option this time round!
Hi Dave. I contacted the insurance and they said they cannot offer me a cover as the MH is over 10 years old !! Strange. I need to look for another company quick !! How old is yours?
I can see you live in Pedegrer. We are not far from each other. I am in Javea. My mechanic, The Garage in Javea has looked after my vehicles, advised me that he can also do MHs. An option for you!

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
Forgot to mention. They can cover, only 3rd party. Not good for me. I am after Fully Comp!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Sorry....yes been in Spain a while now...23 years to be exact..... anything I can help you with please ask....🇪🇦😆
Allianz Seguros is what I use...

Mou and Iryna

Free Member
Jan 28, 2021
Javea - Spain
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726+
Exp
I am learning fast 😊
Sorry....yes been in Spain a while now...23 years to be exact..... anything I can help you with please ask....🇪🇦😆
Cheers Martin. I have just posted something on insurance. I am after insuring my 2010 MH, FC? Who can you recommend?

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Interesting question....firstly what do you want to receive via the dish....the signal in Europe varies, if it's UK based TV then you need to have access to Astra 2.....more difficult now.... start a Conversation with Satandpcguy here on fun....he is based near you....sure he is up to date on current signals and may help with an installer...
He has a forum/ web site also.....same name... Google him...

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Dave. I contacted the insurance and they said they cannot offer me a cover as the MH is over 10 years old !! Strange. I need to look for another company quick !! How old is yours?
I can see you live in Pedegrer. We are not far from each other. I am in Javea. My mechanic, The Garage in Javea has looked after my vehicles, advised me that he can also do MHs. An option for you!
Thanks for the info re The Garage, I´ll look into it. Our Rapido is 10 this year. I think there is a Liberty Seguros office in Javea, worth a look.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We tried Allianz when our van was new, they would only offer 3rd party at that time.
Interesting....we had a new van in 2003, they insured it fully comp...
Our current Hymer 2008 model also insured fully comp...

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Interesting....we had a new van in 2003, they insured it fully comp...
Our current Hymer 2008 model also insured fully comp...
Strange - that´s what we were told by the agent, anyway, in 2010.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back